The Student Room Group

A Level French IRP

Hi, I am going into year 13 & trying to decide my independent research project topic. My teacher suggested I do a legal topic as I want to studly law at uni (I am specifically interested in international law) so I thought that might be a good idea.
Does anyone have any suggestions of possible topics or any ideas/thoughts?!
Hi! I'm also going into year 13 doing my IRPs!

Advice that we've been given from our teacher is that whatever your topic is, you need to make sure you can analyse it, instead of just describing something. Off the top of my head, maybe you could look at how the law has changed over the past few years? You could look at laws and rights for minority communities. Maybe you could look at crimes, a specific criminal.

There's plenty of things to choose from, I'd say first you should brainstorm different aspects of the law you can look at and try and get more specific from there!
Original post by L Starkey
Hi, I am going into year 13 & trying to decide my independent research project topic. My teacher suggested I do a legal topic as I want to studly law at uni (I am specifically interested in international law) so I thought that might be a good idea.

Hi! Just finished y13 (and my IRP in french and german)
I did a historical topic for both IRPs as I wanted to study history at uni and it gave me a lot to talk about in my personal statement. IRP is a lot of work so doing it in an area you are really interested in such as law will definitely make the process a lot easier :smile:

you could do the laws on Laïcité (especially as that is a live issue in France); immigration laws/policies; you could even take a specific piece of legislation and talk about that (such as the 23 February 2005 French law on colonialism - making teaching the 'positive aspects of colonialism' compulsory in school)

agree with the other post about making it analytical- we were told to use titles such as 'how effective was X', 'to what extent is X...'

good luck !!!!!!
Reply 3
Original post by L Starkey

You should definitely check out the Dreyfus Affair

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending