The Student Room Group

Bags under eyes

Hi,
I have really bad dark circles under my eyes. I'm fairly sure they're genetic and I don't know if sleeping more will help. They make it look like either I haven't slept at all or like I'm constantly glaring at everyone and I wish I could make them to away. I can't cover them up with concealer or anything - my skin is so sensitive that I can't even use moisturiser without it feeling like my face is burning off. Any suggestions about what to do?
Reply 1
Also does anyone have any suggestions about the moisturiser thing either? I literally can't put anything on my face, is something wrong?
Reply 2
Original post by A2324
Also does anyone have any suggestions about the moisturiser thing either? I literally can't put anything on my face, is something wrong?

dont use moisturiser and just use warm water on your face then cold water. Plus when ur on laptops and computers you need to remind yourself to blink to avoid dry eyes cause that can cause the dark circles aswell. I sleep around 6 hours but dont have dark circles till the evening. Plus stress plays a big part of it aswell
Original post by A2324
Hi,
I have really bad dark circles under my eyes. I'm fairly sure they're genetic and I don't know if sleeping more will help. They make it look like either I haven't slept at all or like I'm constantly glaring at everyone and I wish I could make them to away. I can't cover them up with concealer or anything - my skin is so sensitive that I can't even use moisturiser without it feeling like my face is burning off. Any suggestions about what to do?

try the ordinary caffeine solution, just put like two drops on the area after showering, after a few weeks you will see results, it’s really gentle on the skin and only costs at boots
Reply 4
the most effective product i use is caffeine undereye solution, either the Revolution or Ordinary serums, these have helped loads make sure to follow all the instructions and be delicate with your eye area, only use your ring finger when putting it under the eye,
putting ice under your eyes will reduce the puffiness, you can buy "eye rollers" which are like cold blocks you put in the freezer and have spheres on the end that go under your eye but i don't have any - i find them a bit expensive and ice does the same thing (my opinion ofc - they might work for you),
drinking water helps to keep your skin hydrated and makes them look less puffy and dark,
sleeping could help but i have the same problem and sleep never makes a difference lol, i read online that screens like laptops and phones being close to your face in a dark room can make them worse, but most of it is genetics,
i have used under eye masks and patches before and they do make them look more hydrated but only make them look good for a short time, im not gonna recommend a brand - get some that work best for you because it seems you have sensitive skin,
it can also be worsened by allergies especially in the summer with hayfever so make sure you're taking your anti-histamines as swelling is a response
if you do try makeup use a colour corrector underneath and then a concealer lighter than your foundation and a powder over the top, but i think the above will do more than make up,
if you can you could speak to a dermatologist and i plan on getting surgery to get rid of mine, but i also bought some fake glasses and they sort of draw the attention away from them on my face - i only wore the glasses when i felt insecure about them but it helped me feel more confident,
ofc what works for me might not work for you and this is just friendly advice, let me know if you've tried any of these or know of anything else :smile:
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 5
Original post by A2324

what kind of reaction happens on your skin? irritation can be caused by the product, was it fragrance free? try give more detail like did it go red after? and what did you put on your skin?
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 6
It was Nivea tinted moisturiser, and it went slightly red afterwards and it still feels like its burning. I only just realised that the moisturiser was Nivea, I get on badly with lots of products but Nivea is just the worst.
Reply 7
Also thankyou for all of the answers, I really appreciate it

Quick Reply

Latest