The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

I'm A Computer Science Student Who Made it Into Clearing - AMA!

Hi Everyone,

My name’s Dan, I’m 22 and I’m about to enter my third year of studying BSc Computer Science. When I’m not studying, I try to take advantage of Coventry’s great transport links and go travelling to see my friends in their university cities.

Back on my A-level results day, I unfortunately didn’t get the grades I wanted. I was rejected from my top choice universities including the one I attend now, and decided to Firm a university I didn’t really want to go because I didn’t think I had another choice.

Once I got home I started looking into my options and realised there were still clearing spaces for other Universities I was interested in. I took the jump and rejected my UCAS offers and starting calling around for clearing spaces. My Firm choice was where I really wanted to go, so I tried them first and they said they would get back to me… the same day I found out I was going to be enrolled at my dream university after all.

It’s a stressful time on results day but no matter what your grades are you still have options.

Happy to answer general questions about the Clearing process - Ask me anything! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest