The Student Room Group

what unis did ppl get into for cs this year

Just wondering on what unis ppl got into for CS/Computer systems engineering and what their grades were.

Thanks!
Reply 1
I got into the University of Leicester for comp sci with a BBC!

Original post by mskr710
Just wondering on what unis ppl got into for CS/Computer systems engineering and what their grades were.

Thanks!
Reply 2
Original post by Mayye35

oh congrats! did you go through clearing or did u already have an offer w the uni?
Original post by mskr710

Thanks!

Hi @mskr710,

Are you thinking of applying to university? or got into uni?

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep
Original post by Mayye35

Congratulations @Mayye35!!! :smile:

Do you have any plans to celebrate?

Alia
Reply 5
Original post by University of Kent
Hi @mskr710,

Are you thinking of applying to university? or got into uni?

Alia

oh im applying to uni this year, looking to do computer science with AI hopefully.
Reply 6
Original post by mskr710
oh congrats! did you go through clearing or did u already have an offer w the uni?

I already had an offer, was quite surprised considering my insurance way the same uni & same course with foundation and they still let me in the main one :smile: did you get the results you were after?
Reply 7
Original post by Mayye35
I already had an offer, was quite surprised considering my insurance way the same uni & same course with foundation and they still let me in the main one :smile: did you get the results you were after?

Oh i see that makes sense, im actually in year 13 rn, well about to be, so i havent done my a levels yet.
Original post by mskr710
oh im applying to uni this year, looking to do computer science with AI hopefully.

Hi @mskr710,

That sounds so interesting especially with AI becoming more popular recently. What interests you about it? I find it fascinating how technology has changed so quickly over the past few years my brain can barely keep up! :biggrin:

If you are looking for a computer science course with the option to take part in a year in industry take a look at the computer science course at Kent. On the website you will find where graduates have been employed, the modules and the ways we encourage innovation. You can drop by on our open days to find out more about the course and chat to staff about what the course is like to see if it interests you.

Alia
Original post by Mayye35

Congratulations! What's the condition offer they give you? Do Leicester accept you with lower grade than their original offer. As I want to apply computer science next year but my predicted grades will be ABC or BBC only.
Reply 10
Southampton, any1 else going there?
Reply 11
I got into Leicester but for Software Engineering. I received a contextual offer which made the offer go down to BBC (instead of ABB)
Reply 12
Original post by Aceful
I got into Leicester but for Software Engineering. I received a contextual offer which made the offer go down to BBC (instead of ABB)

masters?
Reply 13
Original post by JaCey04
masters?

no, bachelors.
Original post by JaCey04
Southampton, any1 else going there?

I got rejected from there :frown:
Reply 15
Original post by lifeofpablo1
I got rejected from there :frown:

Southampton is the only place that accepted me but im happy to be going to uni. Where you going instead?
Original post by JaCey04
Southampton is the only place that accepted me but im happy to be going to uni. Where you going instead?

York, not that much worse tbh but i really wanted to go to southampton
Congrats on getting in
Reply 17
Original post by Shirley2004
Congratulations! What's the condition offer they give you? Do Leicester accept you with lower grade than their original offer. As I want to apply computer science next year but my predicted grades will be ABC or BBC only.

They gave me conditional with the standard entry requirements but come results day they still let me in with lower ones, have no idea what made them do that but even if you do get a grade off or something it may not be the end of things.
Reply 18
Original post by mskr710
Oh i see that makes sense, im actually in year 13 rn, well about to be, so i havent done my a levels yet.

That sounds so interesting especially with AI becoming more popular recently. What interests you about it? I find it fascinating how technology has changed so quickly over the past few years my brain can barely keep up! :biggrin:

If you are looking for a computer science course with the option to take part in a year in industry take a look at the computer science course at Kent. On the website you will find where graduates have been employed, the modules and the ways we encourage innovation. You can drop by on our open days to find out more about the course and chat to staff about what the course is like to see if it interests you.
Reply 19
Original post by johney12

yeah sounds good might do, thanks! i dont really know what interests me tbh, I just think it looks cool learning about it, computer vision and whatnot :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending