The Student Room Group

I don't know what to do after college

I am getting my A level results on Thursday and I have no idea what I want to do, I did history law and politics and I applied to uni but then decided to defer for a year as I felt so overwhelmed during my a levels I knew I couldn't do uni straight away.
Now I am nearing results day I am clueless as to what to do in September, I want to find a job temporarily but nothing is interesting me and I am hoping to begin applying to apprenticeships for law when they open up for next September. I just don't know what I want to do in the interim period leading up to that to earn money and experience. Has anyone got any ideas, had a similar feeling or experience? Thank you!!
Reply 1
It would make sense to try to get some work experience with some relevance. Citizen's Advice etc. That will help with your apprenticeship applications and it'll help you decide if a legal career is right for you.
Reply 2
Original post by Slowprop
It would make sense to try to get some work experience with some relevance. Citizen's Advice etc. That will help with your apprenticeship applications and it'll help you decide if a legal career is right for you.

Thank you for this idea, is there any other companies bar citizens advice that could also help with my applications? I have just had a look and there is not many vacancies at the minute unless I volunteer. This is a great idea though and I thank you very much for it!
Reply 3
What about some kind of admin role working for a Solicitors office? Or something in the Civil Service ?
https://www.civilservicejobs.service.gov.uk/csr/index.cgi
Reply 4
Just to add maybe this could lead to a long term career. Or maybe you treat it as a stop gap for a year. You could apply to uni for next year and just keep your options open.
Reply 5
I'll have to look for a source of income as I currently don't have a job due to my studies, I am just so stressed about it. Maybe I will just have to get a shop job for a year or so until I can apply for apprenticeships.
Thank you!

Original post by Slowprop
Just to add maybe this could lead to a long term career. Or maybe you treat it as a stop gap for a year. You could apply to uni for next year and just keep your options open.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending