The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Oxford Postgraduate Offer Holders 2023

Hi wonderful people!

Firstly, huge congrats on getting an offer!!

I thought it could be nice to have a place to discuss offers, college info and funding too :smile:

I'll start with me; I've been given a conditional offer for MSc (By Research) in Psychiatry. My offer didn't mention funding or college info. Looking at threads from previous years, college info can come around May time.

I was very surprised to receive the offer I got and it's certainly taken some pressure off me. I'm doing my undergrad in Biology and Psychology.

How about everyone else? :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hey, I've been offered a place on the DPhil Oncology course with full funding (no news yet on the details). The offer is conditional on a 2i but since I've already graduated with a 1st, I think it's just a case of producing the paperwork. I applied for Magdalen but have yet to hear back on that.
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Original post by AnImaginativeID
Hey, I've been offered a place on the DPhil Oncology course with full funding (no news yet on the details). The offer is conditional on a 2i but since I've already graduated with a 1st, I think it's just a case of producing the paperwork. I applied for Magdalen but have yet to hear back on that.

Hey congrats :smile: May I ask where in your offer letter did it mention you had funding? On mine, it mentions a financial declaration and it mentions funding offers are made between Feb and May.

I applied to Magdalen too :smile:
Hi all!

I will be accepting a place to read a DPhil in Clinical Medicine this Oct :smile:

I received a departmental Clarendon packaged into the NDM Prize Studentship and am waiting for the package details still. Conditional on 2:1, let's hope I don't choke and fail my courses lol

No college offer yet, but hoping to get St Catz!

Congrats to everyone else!
(edited 1 year ago)
Hi,

I will be studying DPhil Molecular and Cellular Medicine this October. I received the Kennedy Trust Fund Studentship. I have completed my academic requirements and still waiting on my college and funding package.

Congratulations everyone!
Original post by StalkersAdmirer
Hi,

I will be studying DPhil Molecular and Cellular Medicine this October. I received the Kennedy Trust Fund Studentship. I have completed my academic requirements and still waiting on my college and funding package.

Me too! I also got the Kennedy Trust Prize studentship for the molecular and cellular medicine course. I think we'll all be waiting around 8-10 weeks for the college decision.
(edited 1 year ago)
Hello all,

Canadian settled in UK. Have a DPhil offer in humanities (interdisciplinary), no news on college place. It's week 5 since the official offer (informal department email before Christmas), so getting bit intrigued / lurking on forum to see if anyone else have heard.
Hey everyone! Huge congrats on getting your offers.

I have accepted my offer to study MSc Psychological Research. I have also applied to Magdalen, which is seemingly a bit of a recurring theme judging by the previous responses 😅. I look forward to speaking with you all!
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 8
Hey, everyone. I have a MSc offer in Genomic Medicine. It is a conditional one, so I have English test requirements as it is not my first language. There are other conditions there, such as a finance declaration and a transcript's hard-copy, but I guess that's the norm.
No word on funding yet.
I did an open application, so I guess I'll be going to some unpopular college (and then falling in love for it. Rumours say that this is quite common).
It's nice to have a new place to interact✨ Have a nice weekend, everyone!
Hey people.

I got an offer to study MSc Modelling for Global Health - yet to receive college accommodation.

Anyone other offer holders for this course - if so, would love to get a WhatsApp group chat going!
Original post by 666satinsdoll666
Hey congrats :smile: May I ask where in your offer letter did it mention you had funding? On mine, it mentions a financial declaration and it mentions funding offers are made between Feb and May.

I applied to Magdalen too :smile:

My offer letter had zero mention of funding, I think the official funding details will come in a few weeks. My funding guarantee was made in the email where I got my informal offer.

Ooh best of luck to us both, I know Magdalen doesn't usually take many graduates but I have my fingers crossed.
Original post by icegates
Hi all!

I will be accepting a place to read a DPhil in Clinical Medicine this Oct :smile:

I received a departmental Clarendon packaged into the NDM Prize Studentship and am waiting for the package details still. Conditional on 2:1, let's hope I don't choke and fail my courses lol

No college offer yet, but hoping to get St Catz!

Congrats to everyone else!

Ah cool :smile: seems like the 2:1 offer is more common than I realised. We got the motivation to smash our courses cmon!!

Hope you get your college :smile:
Original post by StalkersAdmirer
Hi,

wow so you're all sorted then :biggrin:
Original post by claretsdrop
Hello all,

Canadian settled in UK. Have a DPhil offer in humanities (interdisciplinary), no news on college place. It's week 5 since the official offer (informal department email before Christmas), so getting bit intrigued / lurking on forum to see if anyone else have heard.

ah welcome :smile: hopefully you'll get your formal offer next week if you applied in December
Original post by eoinmulholland
Hey everyone! Huge congrats on getting your offers.

I have accepted my offer to study MSc Psychological Research. I have also applied to Magdalen, which is seemingly a bit of a recurring theme judging by the previous responses 😅. I look forward to speaking with you all!

nice one :smile: am sure I'll bump into you then! I applied to the Neurobiology and Experimental Therapeutics group. And also to Magdalen as it was the closest to the psych dept :P
Original post by Heinze
Hey, everyone. I have a MSc offer in Genomic Medicine. It is a conditional one, so I have English test requirements as it is not my first language. There are other conditions there, such as a finance declaration and a transcript's hard-copy, but I guess that's the norm.
No word on funding yet.
I did an open application, so I guess I'll be going to some unpopular college (and then falling in love for it. Rumours say that this is quite common).
It's nice to have a new place to interact✨ Have a nice weekend, everyone!

ah good luck with your English test :smile: ooh okay that sounds fun, all the colleges are beautiful, just hope I don't get somewhere super far away from the research hospitals!!
Original post by asargi15
Hey people.

I got an offer to study MSc Modelling for Global Health - yet to receive college accommodation.

Anyone other offer holders for this course - if so, would love to get a WhatsApp group chat going!

Heya ! could look on the other thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7235099&page=59 :smile:
Original post by AnImaginativeID
My offer letter had zero mention of funding, I think the official funding details will come in a few weeks. My funding guarantee was made in the email where I got my informal offer.

Ooh best of luck to us both, I know Magdalen doesn't usually take many graduates but I have my fingers crossed.

Ahh I see!

Yes, I looked at the accomodation and it states 104 graduate rooms are available.
Original post by 666satinsdoll666
wow so you're all sorted then :biggrin:

Haha! Pretty much :biggrin:
Hey all! Congratulations on your offers. I’ve accepted offers for the MSc Refugee and Forced Migration Studies and Exeter College, though I’ve yet to hear about funding. Anyone else accepted to ODID here? ☺️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending