The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Queen Mary vs Exeter University

Hi everyone,

I'm currently applying for a postgrad course that only QM and Exeter uni provide.

Initially, I was really keen to go to Exeter but I've been facing so many issues with their admin team! I've had issues with my references and funding (I'm undertaking a healthcare course that is partially funded by the NHS).

There has been poor communication the whole way through my application, despite constant attempts at phoning and emailing from my part - to no avail. The funding application has also been an absolute nightmare and so confusing. I've also been let down by the University before even starting the course as they provided the NHS with an incorrect email - meaning that my funding application couldn't even be processed and is now so far behind (to the point I likely won't get funding).

At this point I'm so fed up with Exeter university and am re-considering my offer with QM. The course is not as suitable for my lifestyle (as I will be studying alongside work) but I don't think I can stand going to Exeter University when they've already messed me around so much.

Has anyone got any experience of the admin team at Queen Mary? Are they more efficient/helpful than Exeter? (Alternatively, does anyone have any positive experiences with Exeter?) Should I just expect poor organisation from all Universities (my undergrad uni was also a shambles).

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending