The Student Room Group

Struggling to make a GCSE revision plan

Hey there, I'm currently about to start Y11, and would like to have a plan of how to revise.For subjects, I've categorised them as Maths, English, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Latin, Business and geography. I'm planning to do an hour a day (with a few free days in between, working out at 3 hours per subject a month, a little more allocated to those needing it).

However, I really don't know how to plan out revision. Does anyone have any guidance on how they're doing it, or how they have done it?

Thanks!
Look into retrospective revision timetables. :smile:
Original post by Aloysius O'Hare
Look into retrospective revision timetables. :smile:

I'd never heard of that, thank you! That looks great.
Original post by Xx_flowerpanda
Hey there, I'm currently about to start Y11, and would like to have a plan of how to revise.For subjects, I've categorised them as Maths, English, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Latin, Business and geography. I'm planning to do an hour a day (with a few free days in between, working out at 3 hours per subject a month, a little more allocated to those needing it).

However, I really don't know how to plan out revision. Does anyone have any guidance on how they're doing it, or how they have done it?

Thanks!

Have you heard of the pomodoro technique? It can be beneficial to commit to a small amount of revision at a time and plan it from there or integrate it into a revision plan
Original post by Xx_flowerpanda

Thanks!

Hi there,
What I liked to do before my exams was to maybe focus on two or three subjects. So 20 minutes of 3 subjects a day. Then you can alternate to the other subjects that you didn't revise, and vice versa. It really helps to keep you up to date. However, since you are only starting Year 11, you don't want to put too much pressure on yourself. One of the smartest girls in my class revised so much at the beginning of Year 11, that by the time it came to exams, she felt so burnt out and overwhelmed, and ended up getting a mix of Grades 5-8. Make sure not to put yourself at a disadvantage like this. Take this time period to just make sure you know what to do, and rest before the final mocks arrive. I revised around five months before my GCSEs (working in little increments of an hour a day) so that the content wouldn't build up too much and confuse me, and managed to achieve 8 Grade 9's, and 3 Grade 8's. Also the technique you use for revision is very important as well, quality over quantity. What type of techniques are you willing to use when it comes to your revision for final exams?

Hope that helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest