The Student Room Group

Resit for medicine

I got CCB in a level and I wanted to go to medicine . I will resit . I want to know how can I get predicted grades for next year ucas application and is there anyone who got admission in medicine after resit.
Reply 1
Original post by irum.mehboob
I got CCB in a level and I wanted to go to medicine . I will resit . I want to know how can I get predicted grades for next year ucas application and is there anyone who got admission in medicine after resit.

I got BCD in my AS/Year 12 results in 2016 -> Resat my AS year in 2017 -> Achieved A*A*A in 2018. Got in medicine A100 at Keele in 2019 and now I'm about to start my fifth and final year :smile: (I had no extenuating circumstances)

https://www.themedicportal.com/application-guide/choosing-a-medical-school/medical-school-a-level-resit-policies/

Check this link out^
It's got med school resit policies from 2022, so I would recheck with each med school individually by emailing admissions just to make sure before applying. But yes, you can get into medicine through resits. I know people who've got in more recently as well through clearing in Leicester (2021/22) for e.g.
Reply 2
As for predicted grades, you usually have to get those from your school again. Your subject teachers will generate predicted grades for you again if you resit at the same sixth form/college.
Reply 3
Original post by B_BMS
I got BCD in my AS/Year 12 results in 2016 -> Resat my AS year in 2017 -> Achieved A*A*A in 2018. Got in medicine A100 at Keele in 2019 and now I'm about to start my fifth and final year :smile: (I had no extenuating circumstances)

https://www.themedicportal.com/application-guide/choosing-a-medical-school/medical-school-a-level-resit-policies/

Check this link out^
It's got med school resit policies from 2022, so I would recheck with each med school individually by emailing admissions just to make sure before applying. But yes, you can get into medicine through resits. I know people who've got in more recently as well through clearing in Leicester (2021/22) for e.g.

Thank you for the information
Reply 4
Original post by irum.mehboob

In the same position as you, I was going to take a gap year anyway to reapply to med but will also resit as well

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending