The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Do you need a laptop for the Computer Science foundation course?

I start the computer science foundation course at Carmel College in a few weeks and was wondering if I would need a laptop. I imagine because it is computer science that I would but it's not listed under the required equipment.
Original post by Seido99
I start the computer science foundation course at Carmel College in a few weeks and was wondering if I would need a laptop. I imagine because it is computer science that I would but it's not listed under the required equipment.

I mean, a laptop would be helpful for making notes during lectures. And at some point during your computer science degree, you will need to code. Helpful to have your own computer
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Original post by Seido99

Hi there,

So technically you don't need a laptop, as you can use all of the computer services at the University and College, including a laptop loan (https://libanswers.liverpool.ac.uk/faq/49486) to complete all of your assignments, revision and research. However, having your own laptop would be useful, since you can work anywhere with this. I would imagine this is especially true for a course like computer science.

Best of luck in your course :smile:

I hope this is useful.

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending