The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Foundation year….Greenbank commute to carmel college st Helen’s

Hi I’ve just been provided my accommodation option and unfortunately it’s green bank. I am studying at Carmel college St Helens as am doing a foundation year. I know the bus route to Carmel would have worked if I was centrally accommodated but does anyone know if this will work from green bank or be a tricky thing to manage? Getting to Carmel is already a commute in itself..? Thanks a lot
Original post by Mikeydrum
Hi I’ve just been provided my accommodation option and unfortunately it’s green bank. I am studying at Carmel college St Helens as am doing a foundation year. I know the bus route to Carmel would have worked if I was centrally accommodated but does anyone know if this will work from green bank or be a tricky thing to manage? Getting to Carmel is already a commute in itself..? Thanks a lot

Lots of people I know did it, it might involve two buses though. I think a girl I knew changed at Crown Place, or you can get the bus to the train station then get a train.
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Hi there,

So there are 2 main options, which are. 1) 2 buses, one from the halls (60), then changing onto the 10 to the halls. 2) 1 bus and 1 train, you can get the bus into lime st, and then the train to nearby the College. I would advice using Google Maps or similar to see what the different options are for you.

An advantage of the bus-only route is that it is fully covered by the Merseyside Bus Pass.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
Reply 3
Thanks all for the good advice :smile:
Thanks all for the good advice :smile:

You are welcome - best of luck with the new year of studies :smile:

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending