The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Economic History and Geography LSE

I'm currently in year 12 (going into year 13) and planning to apply for Economic History and Geography at LSE.

For any current students, what was the split like in your personal statement and what other courses/unis did you apply for?

At the moment, I'm structuring my personal statement thematically and I will be applying for Geography courses at other unis. However, would I explicitly need to mention 'Economic History' in my ps like i am with Geography?

Thank you!
Yeah, LSE is notorious for wanting students to tailor their PS to their course.
Looking at the course outline (here: https://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/undergraduate/degree-programmes-2024/bsc-economic-history-and-geography), you'll notice that in your first year you will have to take modules such as Microeconomics & Macroeconomics.
So you'll need to talk about Economics to a degree to stand a chance.
Maybe you could go about this by talking about areas like research into regional and urban development, inequalities between places and the location of economic activity? It ticks the box in talking about Economics but your uni won't find it weird as Geography (especially Human Geo) and Economics tend to go hand-in-hand well
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by qwerty11123
I'm currently in year 12 (going into year 13) and planning to apply for Economic History and Geography at LSE.

For any current students, what was the split like in your personal statement and what other courses/unis did you apply for?

At the moment, I'm structuring my personal statement thematically and I will be applying for Geography courses at other unis. However, would I explicitly need to mention 'Economic History' in my ps like i am with Geography?

Thank you!
What are ure predicted grades ?

Quick Reply

Latest