The Student Room Group

Should I only apply to high tariff unis?

So I’m going into yr 13, and my current choices are Oxford, Durham, Bristol, York, Nottingham. The predictions that will be sent off are 3 A*s, but my “most likely” predictions from teachers are 3 As. Im qpying for Oxford but with no expectations at alll. Since I’ve never really been That academic. My question is, do you think that those grades will give me a decent chance at getting offer? Because I’m worried that I am shooting too high and won’t get any back.
Reply 1
What subject?
Reply 2
Either History or ancient and modern history, depending on the uni.
Reply 3
If your predicted are realistic you should be OK as they are not the courses with the highest demand but try to have at least one safety net choice.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Euapp
If your predicted are realistic you should be OK as they are not the courses with the highest demand but try to have at least one safety net choice.

The lowest of those is AAB, most are AAA and one is A*AA, which should be okay, especially since I may get a contextual offer of ABB even from the higher ones, but I’m worried especially about the offers, do you know how many people usually get? Thank you so much for the help
Reply 5
Original post by AnnaSR
The lowest of those is AAB, most are AAA and one is A*AA, which should be okay, especially since I may get a contextual offer of ABB even from the higher ones, but I’m worried especially about the offers, do you know how many people usually get? Thank you so much for the help

I don’t know specifically for those courses but most unis have an admissions statement for each course which often gives the number of applicants in a normal year and the number of places offered with the breakdown between home and International students.For example I’ve attached the link for Bristols admissions statement which gives the detail of applicant breakdown, number of places offered and the number taken up by category
https://www.bristol.ac.uk/media-library/sites/history/migrated/documents/admissions-statement09.pdf
Reply 6
Original post by AnnaSR

You need to look at the courses first not the grade requirements.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending