The Student Room Group

are my gcses good enough for oxford

I go to an underperforming rural state school for context
I got:
99998888877 (the 2 7s i am getting remarked since i was so close to 8s in them)
9: maths history biology eng lang
8: cs eng lit chem phys further maths
7: geography spanish

i was wondering if this is acceptable as i'm nervous how there arent many 9s but lots of 8s (my friend told me that they arent equal any more and that i'm at a disadvantage)
would study something chemistry related (probably not medicine) or natural sciences
hoping my alevels i have chosen wouldnt be an issue either (maths fm chem phys)
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by soutu
I go to an underperforming rural state school for context
I got:
99998888877 (the 2 7s i am getting remarked since i was so close to 8s in them)
9: maths history biology eng lang
8: cs eng lit chem phys further maths
7: geography spanish

i was wondering if this is acceptable as i'm nervous how there arent many 9s but lots of 8s (my friend told me that they arent equal any more and that i'm at a disadvantage)
would study something chemistry related (probably not medicine) or natural sciences

Yeah, I think those grades are perfectly acceptable for Oxford, especially since you go to an underperforming state school. Oxford won't look at your GCSEs that much because of your background and they'll care more about your A-Level predicted grades. Just keep working hard in sixth form so that you can get really high predicted grades :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by CatalinaIK
Yeah, I think those grades are perfectly acceptable for Oxford, especially since you go to an underperforming state school. Oxford won't look at your GCSEs that much because of your background and they'll care more about your A-Level predicted grades. Just keep working hard in sixth form so that you can get really high predicted grades :smile:

tysm for the reassurance :smile: i will work really hard in alevels (i'm super excited to drop english haha)
Original post by soutu
tysm for the reassurance :smile: i will work really hard in alevels (i'm super excited to drop english haha)

Hahaha I feel the same about English

Quick Reply

Latest