The Student Room Group

missed offer to medicine- need advice

I had an offer for Medicine at Southampton, but missed it after I messed up in my A-Levels and got BCC. I’m not sure what to do now- whether to move onto Biomed or resit and reapply (I’m aware fewer unis accept resists)

Any advice would be appreciated
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by mohona1827
I had an offer for Medicine at Southampton, but missed it after I messed up in my A-Levels and got BCC. I’m not sure what to do now- whether to move onto Biomed or resit and reapply (I’m aware fewer unis accept resists)

Here is some mental health advice: The only one who can understand you and take care of you, is you, yourself. So you must take care of yourself.
Now actual advice:
1. resit your A Levels, apply next year
2. Do an undergraduate degree in an area of science (biology, chemistry) you like.
3. Decide after completing said degree, decide whether you want to pursue it further or do graduate medicine
(edited 8 months ago)
If your objective is stil medicine, retake and reapply.

Grad entry is a bad plan if you have any choice.
Original post by mohona1827

If your gonna do biomed just to do GEM after wouldn’t recommend it cause GEM is very competitive. So if you still wanna do medicine either resit to get BBB and apply to foundation year or resit to get AAA

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending