The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

MSc Visual, Material and Museum Anthropology OR Mst Women's, Gender and Queer History

I'm thinking about whether to take-up postgrad study after completing my degree. I'm about to start my third yr of History & Creative Writing (with a focus on History), am finishing up an internship in a museum and took a museum placement module last academic year.

I know Anthropology and History aren't the same thing but I'm really interested in the social and cultural elements of human existence/history and the course seems to delve into that with the 1st paper listed on the website. I'm also really drawn to the fact that teaching uses the Pitt Rivers Museum collections.

So yeah, I'm really interested in entering the heritage sector and am wondering if anyone who's studied MSc Visual, Material and Museum Anthropology has any insight into the course they could share?

Alternatively, I also love queer and gender history and am focusing my dissertation on queer German history (specifically Weimar, East & West Berlin). I'm therefore also contemplating the Mst Women's, Gender and Queer History course. I know it won't be heritage related but it's an area of history I'm incredibly passionate about, would love to learn more about and would be able to apply to the heritage sector as I'd love to bring more queer stories into museums (and my dream job would be working for Queer Britain).

If anyone's done the Mst Women's, Gender and Queer History course I'd also be interested in any insight they have and could share?
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 1
I have DM'ed you details of some peeps who can tell you all about these
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending