The Student Room Group

What are the main differences between Uni life and the last years of school

What would you guys say are the biggest changes between the last years of school eg S6/year 13 and your first years at university.

Are they more social changes or to do with the higher level of work at Uni- I'm anticipating quite a step up in terms of actual difficulty of content.
Original post by a$ap_pranjol
What would you guys say are the biggest changes between the last years of school eg S6/year 13 and your first years at university.

Are they more social changes or to do with the higher level of work at Uni- I'm anticipating quite a step up in terms of actual difficulty of content.

If I'm completely honest, the difficulty isn't that high, but there is a lot more content to learn. Your lecturers also don't really know who you are, I've been at uni for 2 years and not a single lecturer knows my name :s-smilie:
The people you meet are also different from what you may be used to at college, they will all have done well in their exams and are just generally really smart

Hope that helps :biggrin:
Reply 2
I found things academically easier, focused on my scientific interests and exams more straightforward. Course work was much increased but with effort, relatively straightforward. The big change is cultural, from repressive school regime to, most everything goes. It’s a good change
Reply 3
Original post by Zarek
I found things academically easier, focused on my scientific interests and exams more straightforward. Course work was much increased but with effort, relatively straightforward. The big change is cultural, from repressive school regime to, most everything goes. It’s a good change

I second this. The work was arguably 'harder' but I found it much easier to deal with because I was into it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending