The Student Room Group

A Level Resit 2023-2024

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by rennatusembers
Hey everyone! A general update but I got my first offer from UCL for Chemistry! I feel very behind with studying but I really dont want to miss my offer again. Otherwise, I'vedone pretty much nothing else which is rather sad. How is everyone doing?

congratulations!!. I'm still waiting for my offers but hopefully they'll get back soon :smile:
Original post by Noname60
hello
I'm glad you've found this helpful but you need to register ASAP because the deadline is getting closer I think it's on the 16th of Feb 🙂 , if you don't mind me asking what subjects are you taking?

Biology, chemistry. History and Maths! What about you?

Yeah, I called and asked. They said the 15th. I was thinking of just doing it at my old school but after my last experience there I couldn't see it.
(edited 2 months ago)
congratulations!!. I'm still waiting for my offers but hopefully they'll get back soon :smile:

Good luck! I'm really waiting on uni of Bristol. That's my dream school. I want to move out. What uni are you most interested in and for what course?
Reply 43
Biology, chemistry. History and Maths! What about you?

Yeah, I called and asked. They said the 15th. I was thinking of just doing it at my old school but after my last experience there I couldn't see it.

I'm doing biology, chemistry and maths. unfortunately, my old school doesn't allow resits so I decided to do them privately
Reply 44
Good luck! I'm really waiting on uni of Bristol. That's my dream school. I want to move out. What uni are you most interested in and for what course?

I'm interested in doing pharmacy at Kingston uni because it's closer and I don't want to move out.

did you apply with predicted grades?
I'm doing biology, chemistry and maths. unfortunately, my old school doesn't allow resits so I decided to do them privately

Me too! Shame right? It's so hard retaking. Hopefully it will all be for a better future though! Good luck to us both!
I'm interested in doing pharmacy at Kingston uni because it's closer and I don't want to move out.

Kingston? Nice! The campus is pretty and everyone I've spoken to there is having a great time. I'm sure you'll love it there. Kingston is pretty far for me, UCL isn't too bad though, it's still a decent commute. Living at home is so much cheaper too.

By the way, I'm probably gonna book ny exams there tomorrow. Have you been to the location? Is it decent?

I was also thinking of excel but they look run down and have bad reviews.

Hey @Noname60!

Great to hear you're interested in studying Pharmacy here at Kingston University - it's a fantastic course, and my friends on it constantly talk about the placements they're doing.

If you have any questions at all, feel free to reply. Hopefully we get back to you soon with an offer, and best of luck with your upcoming resit exams! 🙂

Eve (Kingston Rep).
(edited 2 months ago)
I'm looking for an exam centre right now, Stratford isn't far so I may if they have space

Edit: So I just called and I really owe you big time 😭. They're way cheaper than the place I have been calling and they're closer. Thanks mate. I'll probably go there
Heyy could you tell me the website or exact address because I’m not sure if I’m looking at the right place
Original post by 3_3Hannah3_3
Heyy could you tell me the website or exact address because I’m not sure if I’m looking at the right place

Hi? Are you still looking.I think it was this website Stratford College London (sclondon.co.uk)

Make sure to sign up this week, the cost went up to £370 per a level due to late fees. Next week it will be £555
How is everyone's prep for a levels going? I'm so behind haha. I'm still doing content even.
Original post by Johnster
Hi. Don't worry, you're not the only one. We seem to be in the same boat! My school has never had someone retake A-Levels with them, so I'm waiting for my head of year to reply and see if it's a possibility to resit the whole year. I think the chances are low, so I think my most likely scenario is resitting as a private candidate.
I don't exactly know how applying to university is going to work though. I think my school will give me some more details.

Maybe you could even ask if you could just use the school as an exam centre, if the option to resit the whole year isnt available...
Original post by Shaylahnaomi
Hi.
Is anyone else resitting their A Levels? What subjects are you resitting and are you going to resit with a school/college or as a private candidate? Also, Does anyone know how much it costs to resit one A Level? I’ve tried looking for it myself but it’s quite difficult to find. The only price I’ve found so far is £109 per A level? But I hear some people saying that they paid over £500 for their resit.

im resitting economics at my old school(graduated 2 years ago approx) i was told id be billed 90£ but so far no request for payment has been made

Quick Reply

Latest