The Student Room Group

Is med school as intense as I hear it out to be?

Do you actually have to study 10-12 hours a day at med school. I hear that some people take evenings off what time would these evenings even start?
Reply 1
Original post by Sigmakernal
Do you actually have to study 10-12 hours a day at med school. I hear that some people take evenings off what time would these evenings even start?

Most of the time it depends on the university. Some uni's have more hours spent on lectures (in-person studying) whilst others have more hours spent during self study.

But overall (from my experience) a week day would consist of 4 or 5 1h lectures, sometimes back to back (2/3h lectures), sometimes spread through the day with 30mins or 1h breaks all the way till 4/5pm (2pm on a good day :biggrin:). After that you could either fall in to your inner desires and spend your evenings partying, going to the pub with your friends, late night gaming OR you can spend 2/3h at home reviewing today's and tomorrow's content and/or going through self study topics (topics not taught on campus and expected to be learn by yourself). That would make it a 8/9h day.

During exam season that definitely changes though, you lose track of time, forget to eat and sleep and have lots of existential crisis... I'm just kidding. As long as you stay on top of your work, know your priorities and study like there is no tomorrow (exaggerating here) you'll be fine. All the best
Reply 2
Original post by Sigmakernal

You definitely don't have to study that much each day. Exam periods are busy but that's the case for any degree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending