The Student Room Group

What are the best medicine schools to go to?

I was wondering which ones are the best worldwide and what i should choose as a backup; idk which country has the best ones or worst.
Usually whichever country you intend to practice in.
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
Usually whichever country you intend to practice in.

What if you don't get admission into any university there? Will other countries certificates still be accepted in the country you intend to practice in?
Original post by doorhandle86
What if you don't get admission into any university there? Will other countries certificates still be accepted in the country you intend to practice in?

You either reapply (common) or take a punt that an overseas degree is going to be accepted by the time you complete it.

For example in the UK the GMC maintains a list of accepted overseas med programmes.
Reply 4
You either reapply (common) or take a punt that an overseas degree is going to be accepted by the time you complete it.

For example in the UK the GMC maintains a list of accepted overseas med programmes.

Do you know if manchester university is any good?

Good/bad are fairly meaningless distinctions between UK med schools. They all award the same qualification.

Med is so competitive that applicants typically decide where to apply by carefuly matching their profile to a unis assessment methods and then looking at any personal preferences. I would recommend reading the first post in the "Which Medical School Should I Apply To?" thread.
Reply 6

Manchester's known for being good for medicine. Tbh if you plan on staying in the UK, the med school you graduate from is pretty meaningless in terms of job opportunities, because when you apply to your foundation jobs, they don't bother looking at your university. However, if you go international (which a fair amount of people are due to the not so fun NHS conditions), your medical school may be looked at. Also, quality of teaching / course structure / intensity etc all vary so research by looking at the uni websites. Oxbridge consistently rank very highly, but if you're not interested in the science it's not really the place to be.
Reply 7
Good/bad are fairly meaningless distinctions between UK med schools. They all award the same qualification.

Med is so competitive that applicants typically decide where to apply by carefuly matching their profile to a unis assessment methods and then looking at any personal preferences. I would recommend reading the first post in the "Which Medical School Should I Apply To?" thread.

Thank you for your comprehensive answer! :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by a._5
Manchester's known for being good for medicine. Tbh if you plan on staying in the UK, the med school you graduate from is pretty meaningless in terms of job opportunities, because when you apply to your foundation jobs, they don't bother looking at your university. However, if you go international (which a fair amount of people are due to the not so fun NHS conditions), your medical school may be looked at. Also, quality of teaching / course structure / intensity etc all vary so research by looking at the uni websites. Oxbridge consistently rank very highly, but if you're not interested in the science it's not really the place to be.

Thank you for answering!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending