The Student Room Group

Nothing wrong with my paper even after it was requested back by my school

I recently got my Gcse results last week and my Physics grade was 3 grades lower than what I'd been getting in mocks and what I ahd been predicted. My school got my paper called back but are saying there's nothing wrong and that the grade they gave me is correct.

I just want to know what I could do about it because I know I tried extremely hard on both my physics paper and it felt like teachers were trying to brush it aside by blaming it on grade boundaries.
I'm upset because I feel like I've put I so much effort for absolutely no reason and that none of it mattered in the first place.
Reply 1
Original post by madeofananas
I recently got my Gcse results last week and my Physics grade was 3 grades lower than what I'd been getting in mocks and what I ahd been predicted. My school got my paper called back but are saying there's nothing wrong and that the grade they gave me is correct.

I just want to know what I could do about it because I know I tried extremely hard on both my physics paper and it felt like teachers were trying to brush it aside by blaming it on grade boundaries.
I'm upset because I feel like I've put I so much effort for absolutely no reason and that none of it mattered in the first place.

They shuld have passed it on to you - it's your paper. Then you can see the marking.
I'm sorry to hear this :frown:

What were you expecting to achieve and what did you end up getting? You can and should request your school to let you see the papers but the truth is that it's in your school's best interest to challenge and ask for a remark of your exams if there is something wrong so they're probably right. And, to manage your expectations... if you actually got the mark you thought you would, and you were awarded 3 full grades below that, there must have been something monumentally wrong with the marking in order for such a difference to happen, and that is highly unlikely to be the case.

Life sometimes works like that. You put in a lot of effort and it goes a bit pear-shaped. So now, you just fight it till the end and if you feel like you have to, resit Physics. Hope it all goes well for you.
Reply 3
Original post by Muttley79
They shuld have passed it on to you - it's your paper. Then you can see the marking.

Okay, thank you
I'll try and email and see if they'll let me look because all they did was call my mum about it all.
Thanks a lot :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest