The Student Room Group

what supplies for year 10?

Hi, i’m going into year 10 this September and am unsure on how many folders (and what size) to get. I already have 4 big folders, a day folder and 1 smaller folder but am unsure if i need more. Do people usually do a folder per subject? Are any of these subjects particularly heavy that I need another big folder for? And does combined science need seperate folders for each science?
I am taking:
English Lit
English Lang
Combined Science
Maths
French
Latin
Classics
Geography
Computing
+ further maths (qualification)
+ ocr business course (qualification)

thanks sm!!
Original post by n_saeee111
Hi, i’m going into year 10 this September and am unsure on how many folders (and what size) to get. I already have 4 big folders, a day folder and 1 smaller folder but am unsure if i need more. Do people usually do a folder per subject? Are any of these subjects particularly heavy that I need another big folder for? And does combined science need seperate folders for each science?
I am taking:
English Lit
English Lang
Combined Science
Maths
French
Latin
Classics
Geography
Computing

thanks sm!!

When I did gcses, our school gave exercise books. We had an exercise book per subject, similar to one folder per subject
Seperate folder for each science
Original post by n_saeee111
I am taking:
English Lit
English Lang
Combined Science
Maths
French
Latin
Classics
Geography
Computing

thanks sm!!

Hey, if you are given exercise books with your work in, truthfully you dont need any big folders unless you have a lot of separate sheets and notes.
I used those buttoned plastic wallets and had a draw to put all of my things in. Then I would take out the books I needed for that specific day into a day folder. I also had a folder separate for hw, with one section for hw to hand in and one for hw that I had been given.

Hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest