The Student Room Group

How to get grade 9 in geography

Any recourses for geography because I feel as though I learnt a lot of content but at the same time feel as though I haven't learnt enough
Reply 1
well if you're not sure if you know enough then test yourself (active recall etc.) and look at the specification to see if you're missing anything. when it comes to case study questions more is always better so feel free to learn lots of facts to help you there especially place specific details.
of course practice questions from past papers are the best way to see how much you know so really make use of them and other things like cgp geography guides are useful too for questions. you can use papers from other exam boards for revision eg. i used aqa past papers even though my exam board was ocr and it was pretty useful. honestly geography is a lot about knowing the exam technique and knowing when to write a lot/when not to and what each command word is for, as long as you do plenty of practice you'll see where you're going wrong and see where the gaps in your knowledge are. good luck!
Reply 2
Thank you! Yes I have printed the specification and I used this to make my notes but I think I need to practice my exam techniques like you said and might focus more on that this year!

Quick Reply

Latest