The Student Room Group

GCSE grades

Hello, I really want to get all 9s at GCSE. These are my End of Year 10 report Grades (everything was examined at GCSE level)
Maths: 9
chemistry: 9
Biology: 8
Physics: 8
Computing: 8
English Language: 8
English Literature: 7
Spanish: 7
Geography: ?? (Assuming approx 7)
History: ?? (Have not got the grades yet, assuming 8/9)

I am in the Summer Term of Y10 at the moment, and my only goal at the moment is to excel in my GCSEs, with all 9s. I go to an intense all-girls grammar school in London, with motivated and intelligent students. How hard would it be to step up from my current level? Am I doing okay at the moment? How do I get on track to definitely getting all 9s at GCSE? Please tell me everything relevant, and evaluate my current performance. Thank you so much!!
Yes, it's definitely possible. By the way, getting all 9s doesn't actually really give you much of an advantage for anything, so just focus on doing your best, rather than getting the maximum grades :smile:
Reply 2
You will be fine for A-levels, getting good grades in GCSEs means hardly anything for A-levels, most good colleges or sixth forms will only require 7's in what you want to study anyway. If you really want to excel academically, prepare for A-levels. You need to focus on your learning technique since the content comes thick and fast and you need to be able to take it in and memorise it in a very short space of time. Especially with content-heavy subjects like physics, economics etc. Most courses won't finish teaching until a matter of weeks before exams.
Original post by betterme22222
Hello, I really want to get all 9s at GCSE. These are my End of Year 10 report Grades (everything was examined at GCSE level)
Maths: 9
chemistry: 9
Biology: 8
Physics: 8
Computing: 8
English Language: 8
English Literature: 7
Spanish: 7
Geography: ?? (Assuming approx 7)
History: ?? (Have not got the grades yet, assuming 8/9)

I am in the Summer Term of Y10 at the moment, and my only goal at the moment is to excel in my GCSEs, with all 9s. I go to an intense all-girls grammar school in London, with motivated and intelligent students. How hard would it be to step up from my current level? Am I doing okay at the moment? How do I get on track to definitely getting all 9s at GCSE? Please tell me everything relevant, and evaluate my current performance. Thank you so much!!

Those are epic grades and you must be doing really effective revision and working very hard to achieve the grades, so well done!
Here are my main few tips:
- Use the specification, no matter the subject, they're always helpful and you can use them as a topic checklist
- For science, know your practicals and equations as these almost always come up in every exam; likewise for things like history and geography, know your case studies and key events/dates; for english, know your context, structure, language devices and quotes!
- Review weak topics from the entire year 10 + make sure you're 100% confident in them, so you don't get any nasty surprises in any future exam

Lastly, don't burn yourself out, you're doing really great right now and I'm sure that you're on the right track to getting all 9s, enjoy the summer and look after yourself well, as mental wellbeing is just as important.
I hope that helps and good luck!
Original post by *LifeHappens*
Those are epic grades and you must be doing really effective revision and working very hard to achieve the grades, so well done!
Here are my main few tips:
- Use the specification, no matter the subject, they're always helpful and you can use them as a topic checklist
- For science, know your practicals and equations as these almost always come up in every exam; likewise for things like history and geography, know your case studies and key events/dates; for english, know your context, structure, language devices and quotes!
- Review weak topics from the entire year 10 + make sure you're 100% confident in them, so you don't get any nasty surprises in any future exam

Lastly, don't burn yourself out, you're doing really great right now and I'm sure that you're on the right track to getting all 9s, enjoy the summer and look after yourself well, as mental wellbeing is just as important.
I hope that helps and good luck!

Thank you so much!!

Quick Reply

Latest