The Student Room Group

Any tips on getting an A*/A in a-level biology, English lit and modern languages?

I want to do biology, English literature and french for alevel. Im unsure if these subjects would be too difficult to get top grades in.
If anyone who did well in any of these alevels could give any advice, it would be much appreciated :smile:
(edited 7 months ago)
Hi! I got an A* in biology.

It's a hard subject and it has a lot of content but it is possible to do well if you're organised.
What I did was make sure I understood the content we were taught in class and make flashcards for each specification point as we went along. (Sometimes I did these in big bulks during half-term if I couldn't be bothered to do them weekly lol). The hardest part of bio is that the mark schemes are looking for very specific wording and are very harsh, so I recommend doing as many exam Qs and past papers as you possibly can. Do them timed and closed book closer to the exams. Make sure that you include wording from the mark schemes in your flashcards so you can learn the content the way you're supposed to phrase it in the exam.

Good luck :smile:
Reply 2
Thank you sm for your tips!!

Quick Reply

Latest