The Student Room Group

Official MA Social Work Applicants 2024 thread

Are you applying to study MA Social Work courses at University this year?
Well this is the place for you!
:party:

Post below with details about your...

Specific Course:
Universities you're applying to:
A level / IB / Higher grades:
GCSE grades:
Random question:

Share as much detail as you're comfortable with.

You may also want to have a look at this HUGE LIST of other applicants threads for all the universities you're applying to as well as potential other courses if you're a joint honours student.:woo:
(edited 7 months ago)
Hey!

I'm currently in my final year studying International Social and Public Policy with Politics at LSE.

Specific Course: Social Work (MA/MSW)
Universities you're applying to: Edinburgh, York, Nottingham, Sussex, Manchester, Bristol
A level / IB / Higher grades: A*A*A (politics, history, maths)
GCSE grades: 9999888765
Reply 2
Specific Course: MSW/MA/MSc
Universities you're applying to: Durham (already have an unconditional offer), Nottingham, Sussex, Birmingham, Bristol and UEA.
A level / IB / Higher grades: CCC
Original post by zaqzswxswxde
Hey!

I'm currently in my final year studying International Social and Public Policy with Politics at LSE.

Specific Course: Social Work (MA/MSW)
Universities you're applying to: Edinburgh, York, Nottingham, Sussex, Manchester, Bristol
A level / IB / Higher grades: A*A*A (politics, history, maths)
GCSE grades: 9999888765

Quick update, I've received interview invitations from York, Manchester, and Durham
Reply 4
Good luck with the interviews! I've also received interview invitations for York, Bristol and UEA. Which uni is your top choice?
Original post by nishadea
Good luck with the interviews! I've also received interview invitations for York, Bristol and UEA. Which uni is your top choice?

Thanks, good luck with your interviews too!

My joint-top were Edinburgh and Durham, I've accepted an offer from Durham now, so should be off there in September.
Reply 6
Ah amazing! I'm also off to Durham as well as I deferred my offer last year, so I will see you in September! I don't know if you wish to stay in touch?
Reply 7
Current studying Philosophy (BA) and submitted my Social Work MA/MSc on Wednesday 22 November.

Applying to:
Anglia Ruskin
University of Cumbria
University of Sheffield
University of Winchester (Invitation to interview received 23/11/2023) (Conditional offer received 7 December)
University of York

I will keep you all updated and best of luck to everyone!
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 8
Specific Course: MSW/MA/MSc
Universities you're applying to: Kingston, LSBU, Brunel, Middlesex
Reply 9
Original post by mrcatsam
Current studying Philosophy (BA) and submitted my Social Work MA/MSc on Wednesday 22 November.

Applying to:
Anglia Ruskin
University of Cumbria
University of Sheffield
University of Winchester (Invitation to interview received 23/11/2023)
University of York

I will keep you all updated and best of luck to everyone!

Update: I've been offered a place at Winchester!
Specific Course: MA
Universities:

Manchester

Birmingham

Sheffield

Sussex

UEA

Non-UK applicant, few years of work exp.
A-Level (int'l converted grades): AAC
(edited 4 months ago)
Has anyone heard from Manchester yet? Thanks!
Reply 12
Original post by pearly-skeptic
Has anyone heard from Manchester yet? Thanks!

I'm also waiting to hear back from Manchester University since the interview on the 1st of December, has anyone received any news yet?
Reply 13
Original post by youloudbell
Specific Course: MA
Universities:

Manchester

Birmingham

Sheffield

Sussex

UEA

Non-UK applicant, few years of work exp.
A-Level (int'l converted grades): AAC

Hi, have you received any messages from the University of Manchester yet? When did you have your interview?
Original post by whitetype
Hi, have you received any messages from the University of Manchester yet? When did you have your interview?

No, I haven't heard from Manchester yet. (FYI I submitted my application around last week)

Either I didn't make the cut or they will review my application after the holidays
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 15
Original post by youloudbell
No, I haven't heard from Manchester yet. (FYI I submitted my application around last week)

Either I didn't make the cut or they will review my application after the holidays

Thanks, good luck for your application. They need some time to arrange the interview.
Hi all I’ve applied to Coventry , Birmingham and BCU
Does anyone know why it takes so long for Manchester to reply this year?
Reply 18
Any londoners applied this year?

Quick Reply

Latest