The Student Room Group

Social work offers scotland

Has anyone gotten any offers from any Scottish Universities for social work yet? The university I want most is GCU but I haven’t heard from any and I'm starting to get worried
Reply 1
i have just heard back within the last week, hope you get what you want!
Reply 2
Original post by beccasw
i have just heard back within the last week, hope you get what you want!
Thanks! :smile: I also heard back last week from Glasgow Caledonian! Was it social work you were applying to?
Reply 3
Original post by EmmaMo04
Thanks! :smile: I also heard back last week from Glasgow Caledonian! Was it social work you were applying to?
Yeah! I got an unconditional for both Caledonian and UWS Paisley. I just don’t know what one to choose.
Reply 4
Original post by beccasw
Yeah! I got an unconditional for both Caledonian and UWS Paisley. I just don’t know what one to choose.
I got my unconditional for glasgow cali and I withdrew from my other courses lol, Paisley looks really good however Glasgow Cali is easier for me to get to and I personally prefer, however both are really good for social work! Congratulations on the unconditionals! :smile:
Reply 5
I am in the same boat, i am waiting to hear back from Strathclyde.... has anyone heard back from them yet for Social Work?
Original post by EmmaMo04
I got my unconditional for glasgow cali and I withdrew from my other courses lol, Paisley looks really good however Glasgow Cali is easier for me to get to and I personally prefer, however both are really good for social work! Congratulations on the unconditionals! :smile:
Reply 6
i sent away my written work but haven’t heard since then
Reply 7
Original post by becswa
i sent away my written work but haven’t heard since then
thanks for replying :smile: what written work is this? they are the only one im waiting back from before i make my choice
Reply 8
they said that i i had progressed to the second stage and i had to do some written activities and get a second reference and send them back by the 1st of March, the first bit was on food banks and your own opinion and how social workers can help, then there was a bit on what u think a social worker should be like e.g qualities, the second part was a ethical dilemma where you picked a scenario and wrote what you would do and what social workers would do to help the situation. I hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest