The Student Room Group

interview for social work

i got an interview for social work!!! i was so surprised tbh, i was thinking i wouldn’t get an interview at all but i ended up getting one. I was wondering if anyone has gotten an interview and what it was like??
Reply 1
did you do the interview?
Reply 2
Original post by npenn
did you do the interview?

yeah i did, ive done all my interviews except from birmingham. They were all pretty good and easy😭😭😭, i feel like theres no need to stress if you know what to say
Reply 3
Original post by ebxxwa

yeah i did, ive done all my interviews except from birmingham. They were all pretty good and easy😭😭😭, i feel like theres no need to stress if you know what to say

ohh okay that’s so good :smile:
i have a few interviews my first is on wednesday. were they long, and what did they ask?
Reply 4
Original post by npenn

ohh okay that’s so good :smile:
i have a few interviews my first is on wednesday. were they long, and what did they ask?

it depends on which uni,like for example, goldsmiths, that was one was soooo longggf it was 12-3.But generally, they all asked for why do i want to be a sw?
what experience will help me in social work?
what would i do in this scenario( for example if a child wanted to visit their father in prison)
what qualities and skills does a social worker need?
why are social workers important?

Yep that was basically it but if you tell me specific unis i can see it i can help!!!
Reply 5
i had my first interview for Northampton this morning and I’ve got an email saying i was successful! thanks for ur help
Reply 6
Original post by npenn
i had my first interview for Northampton this morning and I’ve got an email saying i was successful! thanks for ur help

ur welcomeeeeee!!!
Am I the only one going to university of East London here
Reply 8
Original post by AdenikeKazeem
Am I the only one going to university of East London here

yeah i didn’t apply there icl😭😭😭 i didn’t even know they had a social work course
Hi when is your interview at Birmingham and and how did it go if you’ve already interviewed?
Reply 10
Original post by Cocomelon2021
Hi when is your interview at Birmingham and and how did it go if you’ve already interviewed?

mine is in may actually, but i’m trying to make it an online interview because it’s during a-levels so it doesn’t really make sense💀
Original post by ebxxwa
mine is in may actually, but i’m trying to make it an online interview because it’s during a-levels so it doesn’t really make sense💀
can you let me know if they allow you to do this because i don’t want to go to the interview either since its too close to exam times x
Original post by ebxxwa
I’m applying for masters in social work , if you are doing A Levels then it must be BA social work - good luck with the interview - I will be mature student, mother of 4.
Reply 13
I’m applying for masters in social work , if you are doing A Levels then it must be BA social work - good luck with the interview - I will be mature student, mother of 4.

Good luck with your interview!
Original post by npenn
Good luck with your interview!

Thank you , I have been offered a place at Birmingham university:smile:
Reply 15
i changed courses😭😭😭
Original post by ebxxwa
i changed courses😭😭😭

What do you mean ?
Reply 17
What do you mean ?

like i changed from social work to soemthing else. i decided to just do social work for masters

Quick Reply

Latest