The Student Room Group

GCSE Astronomy prep?

Hello,
I'm thinking of doing astronomy gcse (maybe in year 10) but my school doesn't offer it so I'll have to study independently. I recently got the GCSE Astronomy guide by Nigel Marshall as a textbook because it seems that there aren't many resources. Of course I will also do past/specimen papers but are there any other astronomy gcse books that I could use or generally non- fictional books on astronomy that I should read? Any specific study and revision tips and resources I should use? Also, for people who've done GCSE Astronomy, how is the exam like?

(I'm posting here because there isn't a separate section for astronomy)
Reply 1
i saw on google there is edexcel ones
I did GCSE astronomy but in 2016 before the spec changed. Overall, make sure you know the topics - you can download the spec off the exam board website. That way, you can tick off what you have any haven't learnt. Make sure in particular that you're comfy with the maths involved, and if not ask a physics or maths teacher to give you a hand with your technique.

Good luck!
Reply 3
Original post by tiredgiraff
I did GCSE astronomy but in 2016 before the spec changed. Overall, make sure you know the topics - you can download the spec off the exam board website. That way, you can tick off what you have any haven't learnt. Make sure in particular that you're comfy with the maths involved, and if not ask a physics or maths teacher to give you a hand with your technique.

Good luck!

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest