The Student Room Group

School doesn’t give nines

Sorry ik I’m a bit annoying for this but basically my school doesn’t give out nines just like the grade + how how it is (developing, secure, proficient). The highest you get is 8 proficient. However in my mocks I got all 8 proficient except for 3 subjects where I got 8 secure and for some reason I got given a 9 in English lit. Basically my teachers said that in the real exam I would’ve gotten all nines and 3 eights. I’m applying to sixth forms rn and they want my grades however I’m applying to very competitive sixth forms which want a copy of my grades and everything and I was planning to explain that my 8 proficient= nines, however the random 9 would make my excuse bad. I got very high marks like 91/100 in chemistry and I got an award for highest grades in science. I’m rlly srrry bc ik it’s annoying that I’m complaining I’m just rlly anxious for standing out in a sixth form where over half of the year 11s got eight grade nines.
Reply 1
Original post by lilsnekyy
Sorry ik I’m a bit annoying for this but basically my school doesn’t give out nines just like the grade + how how it is (developing, secure, proficient). The highest you get is 8 proficient. However in my mocks I got all 8 proficient except for 3 subjects where I got 8 secure and for some reason I got given a 9 in English lit. Basically my teachers said that in the real exam I would’ve gotten all nines and 3 eights. I’m applying to sixth forms rn and they want my grades however I’m applying to very competitive sixth forms which want a copy of my grades and everything and I was planning to explain that my 8 proficient= nines, however the random 9 would make my excuse bad. I got very high marks like 91/100 in chemistry and I got an award for highest grades in science. I’m rlly srrry bc ik it’s annoying that I’m complaining I’m just rlly anxious for standing out in a sixth form where over half of the year 11s got eight grade nines.

Bro just tell your school your situation, im sure they'll understand and either tell the schools your applying about it or they'll change your grades.
Reply 2
Original post by lilsnekyy

Your actual grades will decide if you get the place.
Reply 3
The arrogance of the teaching profession will never cease to amaze me. Subsuming National standards into ones own fief for no discernable benefit.

There was a school a while back where they didn't tell you your A-level predictions, and you were just applying blind, the school thought this was the best way and of course teachers always know best.
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Trinculo
The arrogance of the teaching profession will never cease to amaze me. Subsuming National standards into ones own fief for no discernable benefit.

There is no context to judge this - a 'working at' grade judgement like this is fine. The OP doesn't mention prediction or target so please don't assume!

Don't judge everyone based on one school ...

Quick Reply

Latest