The Student Room Group

dental school options

hey guys, which dental schools would you recommend me applying to for 2024 undergrad, my stats are:

GCSEs: 9999999887
predicted: A*A*A
UCAT: 2670, B1

I believe my UCAT score isn’t great but it’s still enough to apply
Any help would be appreciated :smile:

PS: I’m applying from England and do NOT qualify for any contextual offers
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 1
check out Birmingham, Cardiff, Leeds, Liverpool, Plymouth, Manchester, Queen Mary's and maybe Newcastle and Sheffield (their UCAT cutoff score fluctuates pretty significantly). good luck!
Original post by syzygy85
check out Birmingham, Cardiff, Leeds, Liverpool, Plymouth, Manchester, Queen Mary's and maybe Newcastle and Sheffield (their UCAT cutoff score fluctuates pretty significantly). good luck!

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I believe my Ucat is too low for Manchester, Sheffield, Newcastle and Birmingham as the cut offs were higher than my score :frown: Not too sure if QMUL, Plymouth and Leeds are risks or not.
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 3
you do not have a bad UCAT score at all. I've seen people with worse scores and worse grades get into dentistry, don't worry. I wouldn't say Plymouth and Leeds are too risky as Leeds has just started to use to UCAT so with a good PS and your good grades, it's not unlikely you would get an interview. Plymouth is well-known for accepting lower (as in less than 2500 sometimes) UCAT scores, so I wouldn't worry about that either. QMUL is naturally very competitive so that might be a risk?
Original post by basicbrowngirl
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I believe my Ucat is too low for Manchester, Sheffield, Newcastle and Birmingham as the cut offs were higher than my score :frown: Not too sure if QMUL, Plymouth and Leeds are risks or not.
Thank you, however I heard for 2023 entry Plymouth’s cut off has risen significantly to 2650. Leeds has no data so nobody can predict what the cut off will be like
Original post by syzygy85
you do not have a bad UCAT score at all. I've seen people with worse scores and worse grades get into dentistry, don't worry. I wouldn't say Plymouth and Leeds are too risky as Leeds has just started to use to UCAT so with a good PS and your good grades, it's not unlikely you would get an interview. Plymouth is well-known for accepting lower (as in less than 2500 sometimes) UCAT scores, so I wouldn't worry about that either. QMUL is naturally very competitive so that might be a risk?
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest