Scroll to see replies

is anyone from India here applying to use accounting and finance
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 61
Original post by Evil Homer
Hi there,

Welcome to the official London School of Economics and Political Science Applicant Thread for 2024! Here, you have the opportunity to meet and chat with fellow applicants and ask any questions you want regarding applying to London School of Economics and Political Science.

Below are some icebreaker questions to help you get started:

“What course are you applying for?”
“Will you be attending any Open Days?”
“How are you feeling about starting University?”

Get involved in more conversations by visiting our directory here and join in with the Yr 13 Chat thread here.

Good luck and happy posting!

are you okay with me doing the survey i did last year? obvs will set up a new form for this year.
(edited 1 week ago)
Is anyone applying for sociology or social anthropology?
Reply 63
Original post by hr27
Applying to Bsc Politics and Economics
Gcses: 9999888887
Predicted grades: A*A*A* (maths, economics and chemistry)
Feeling unconfident about getting an offer because of my GCSEs

Dont be, I got the exact same GCSE results and received an offer! your grades are really good and if your PS is to a really good standard then thats what matters most, it is unpredictable and depends on your course as LSE gives out limited offers but you def have a good chance of getting an offer with those stats. good luck :smile:
Original post by mylefttoe
Dont be, I got the exact same GCSE results and received an offer! your grades are really good and if your PS is to a really good standard then thats what matters most, it is unpredictable and depends on your course as LSE gives out limited offers but you def have a good chance of getting an offer with those stats. good luck :smile:

When did you apply and which course is this?
Reply 65
Applying for BSc Economics
GCSES: 9999999998
A-Level Predicted A*A*A*A*A* (Maths, FM, Econ, English Lit, EPQ)
Anyone else taking the TMUA? Do you think a good score will make this LSE application more competitive?
Original post by normanh21
Applying for BSc Finance
IGCSE's: 9999999996 (6 in Literature) with Top in my Country for History
Predicted Grades: IB 45/45 (HL: Maths Apps, Physics, Econ), A in TOK and EE

Haven't been to any open days but visited the campus a couple of times.
Just applied last night, quite nervous for LSE as I've had my eyes set on it for a few years now.

I have applied for the same course.
I'm an international student studying in UK since Year 12.
My school didn't offer GCSE curriculum so I did self-study for iGCSE achieving: 999997 (six subjects only)
Predicted Grades: 4A* (Achieved A* in 2023 Maths; other subjects are FM, Physics and Chem).
I just submitted UCAS last Thu and today received acknowledgement only.
With so many top students applying for LSE, I am also nervous about how it goes.

BTW, I read the guideline, it seems this course doesn't need interview or admission test. I think we can do nothing but wait.
Applying for History and Politics!
GCSES: 999987766 (not the best)
Predicted Grades: 45/45 IB points (HL English, History, Philosophy)
At the open day in July they said they really care about personal statements, so hoping for the best!
Reply 68
Original post by user93_
Applying to Economic History BSc
A-Level predictions: A*A*A*, GCSEs 9999998887
worried about my personal statement and not having done history a level but can only hope now! just submitted my form to my school and waiting for them to send it to ucas :s-smilie:
if anyone else here is applying to economic history, what else did u apply for at other unis? :smile:

i applied for econ history and geography, i also applied to durham, kcl, ucl and cambridge
Original post by Evil Homer
Hi there,

Welcome to the official London School of Economics and Political Science Applicant Thread for 2024! Here, you have the opportunity to meet and chat with fellow applicants and ask any questions you want regarding applying to London School of Economics and Political Science.

Below are some icebreaker questions to help you get started:

“What course are you applying for?”
“Will you be attending any Open Days?”
“How are you feeling about starting University?”

Get involved in more conversations by visiting our directory here and join in with the Yr 13 Chat thread here.

Good luck and happy posting!

Hello!

Have applied for BSc in Philosophy, Logic and the Scientific Method
A Levels: Religious Studies, English LangLit, Biology
Predicted A*A*A* (and A* in EPQ but don’t think LSE will care too much 😂)
GCSEs: 9999998887
Love the look of this course so much!
Reply 70
Original post by mylefttoe

thank you so much!!
Does anyone know if LSE sends the additional information form to everyone? I have received confirmation of my application (5 days ago) but have not had this? Thank you! :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Does anyone know if LSE sends the additional information form to everyone? I have received confirmation of my application (5 days ago) but have not had this? Thank you! :smile:

Sends it to everyone yes.
Reply 73
Hey everyone :smile:

I'm an international (EU) student applying for law LLB. I'm predicted 42/45 with 777 at HL. I'm only taking LNAT next week so super nervous about that. Overall I'm really excited as LSE is my dream university but also unsure if I will even get an offer. I guess it will be up to how well LNAT goes (ugh) and PS. Good luck to everyone though <33
Reply 74
Original post by normanh21
Applying for BSc Finance
IGCSE's: 9999999996 (6 in Literature) with Top in my Country for History
Predicted Grades: IB 45/45 (HL: Maths Apps, Physics, Econ), A in TOK and EE

Haven't been to any open days but visited the campus a couple of times.
Just applied last night, quite nervous for LSE as I've had my eyes set on it for a few years now.

IB 45/45 with maths and physics at HL is incredible. Good luck though I'm sure you will do well :smile:
Reply 75
Hello! I am an international student and have applied for BA History. My IB predicted score is 45/45 with 777 at HL in Physics, Economics, and English Language & Literature.
Just got a rejection. Applied 4 weeks ago. No request for additional info. Top grades so I thought I was in with a chance but clearly not.
Original post by marilenad27
Just got a rejection. Applied 4 weeks ago. No request for additional info. Top grades so I thought I was in with a chance but clearly not.

did they mention anything about your personal statement? how were your gcses?
Reply 78
Original post by marilenad27

sorry :frown: did they give a reason?
Original post by user93_
sorry :frown: did they give a reason?

No! So now very worried about ucl and kcl too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending