The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

Official City, University of London Applicant Thread for 2024

Hi there,

Welcome to the official City, University of London Applicant Thread for 2024! Here, you have the opportunity to meet and chat with fellow applicants and ask any questions you want regarding applying to City, University of London.

Below are some icebreaker questions to help you get started:

“What course are you applying for?”
“Will you be attending any Open Days?”
“How are you feeling about starting University?”

Get involved in more conversations by visiting our directory here and join in with the Yr 13 Chat thread here.

Good luck and happy posting!

Scroll to see replies

Hi,

I'll be applying for Law LLB 2024 . I will sort of attend open days.

My current grades are Distinction in IT , B in History and Poltics, B/C in math.

I do 4 A levels however I might drop mathematics leaving me with 2 a level and a ctec. Will i still be allowed by city to study law?
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Hi, I've been offered BSc Economics 2024. My Current Grades are A*AA(A-levels) C(As-level). City will definitely be my insurance choice!
Original post by Yahyeabukat666
Hi,

I'll be applying for Law LLB 2024 . I will sort of attend open days.

My current grades are Distinction in IT , B in History and Poltics, B/C in math.

I do 4 A levels however I might drop mathematics leaving me with 2 a level and a ctec. Will i still be allowed by city to study law?

I think its a good idea if you keep maths even if you dont do too well since you could get an offer via tarrif points and all you require is 128. Distinction (48 Points) B (40 Points) B (40 Points) C (32 Points) = 160 points. You only require 128. So I suggest you might aswell just keep doing it. Tarrif Point Calculator
Reply 4
Hii, i’ve got an offer for econ and was just wondering if city hold applicant/offer holder days as I haven’t been able to make it to an open day yet.
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by Ashantai
Hii, i’ve got an offer for econ and was just wondering if city hold applicant/offer holder days as I haven’t been able to make it to an open day yet.

You can check this out.
offer holder day
Reply 6
I've applied for Children's Nursing.
I am currently studying BTEC Applied Science.
I haven't attended any open days but I will be attending a selection day in February.

City is one of my top choices so i'm hoping to get an offer to study here. I'm really excited for university, I can't wait!
Reply 7
Hiii,
I’m applying to the MOptom course.
I’ve went to an open day last year.
I honestly don’t know how to feel, I’m mainly focusing on getting my grades and once I do I’d probably actually think more about starting uni..
Reply 8
Original post by Zooba
I haven't attended any open days but I will be attending a selection day in February.

City is one of my top choices so i'm hoping to get an offer to study here. I'm really excited for university, I can't wait!

Same, city is my firm choice, I’d rather not go far from home😅
Hi, I applied here for Law with A*AA and got an offer the day after I applied (nice). I will likely choose city as my insurance choice 🙂
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous #2
Hi, I applied here for Law with A*AA and got an offer the day after I applied (nice). I will likely choose city as my insurance choice 🙂

If you don’t mind me asking, what are you planning to put as your firm choice?
Original post by M8-Idek
If you don’t mind me asking, what are you planning to put as your firm choice?

UCL - My dream uni 🙂
Original post by Zooba

OMG me too girl. I'm applying to children's nursing with BTEC Applied Science. I just sent off my application today so hoping for the best :biggrin:
Reply 13
Original post by unknownuser.1
Original post by Zooba

OMG me too girl. I'm applying to children's nursing with BTEC Applied Science. I just sent off my application today so hoping for the best :biggrin:

Well done for sending you application! 🎉
Hi, I've applied for a Undergrad Speech and Language Therapy. Currently, I am studying psychology, sociology, and economics. I'll likely choose city as my firm choice!
Reply 15
Original post by unknownuser.1

Wishing you luck!
Reply 16
Hi! I've been offered BSc Economics at City! My A-levels are Economics, Politics, English Language and Maths and my grades are AAAA at the moment. City is likely my insurance choice :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by motwuf
Hi! I've been offered BSc Economics at City! My A-levels are Economics, Politics, English Language and Maths and my grades are AAAA at the moment. City is likely my insurance choice :smile:

If you don’t mind me asking, what was your offer?
Reply 18
Original post by M8-Idek
If you don’t mind me asking, what was your offer?

Conditional Offer, with BBC as the requirement
Reply 19
Hi, I just wanted to know if City has an applicant experience/offer holder day. I recently received an offer for children’s nursing and I want to check out the nursing facilities at City. I’ve been invited to applicant days from all my other choices except City so I was just curious.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending