The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial college admissions

I achieved very well in GCSE, getting almost all 9s, an 8 and a 7. My current prediction for A level is BBB for Mathematics, Chemistry and physics. I really want to get an offer from imperial in aerospace engineering as well as other high universities. However I'm hearing from most teachers that there is no chance of an offer and that imperial doesn't have clearing.

I don't want to accept that there is no chance so I'm asking if anyone knows anyway at all to get to the uni.

Also, my predicted grades are based off AS exams which I didn't preform great in due to an undiagnosed health issue last year. Is it too late to apply for extenuating circumstances on my grades and will it help me applying to higher unis.
Original post by AmaanAhmed2k5
I achieved very well in GCSE, getting almost all 9s, an 8 and a 7. My current prediction for A level is BBB for Mathematics, Chemistry and physics. I really want to get an offer from imperial in aerospace engineering as well as other high universities. However I'm hearing from most teachers that there is no chance of an offer and that imperial doesn't have clearing.

I don't want to accept that there is no chance so I'm asking if anyone knows anyway at all to get to the uni.

Also, my predicted grades are based off AS exams which I didn't preform great in due to an undiagnosed health issue last year. Is it too late to apply for extenuating circumstances on my grades and will it help me applying to higher unis.

I assume you're aware that Imperial don't offer a degree in "aerospace engineering". They do, however, offer Aeronautical Engineering (MEng). Is this the course in which you were interested? Or was it Aeronautics with Spacecraft Engineering (MEng)? The minimum entry requirements for both courses are A*A*A, which is way above your BBB prediction. As a result, the likelihood of an offer is zero. Sorry. :frown:

Had they been aware of your undiagnosed health issue at the time you took your AS exams, your school could have applied for "special consideration" to ask the exam boards to make an allowance for that. It's way too late now. Within the academic reference which your school will be asked to complete (as part of the UCAS application process), there is a separate section whereby they can provide details of mitigating circumstances which have impacted your studies or exam performance. You should ensure that they explain that your AS level grades were lower than might have been expected due to the undiagnosed health issue. The idea is that universities have the opportunity to take than information into account when making offer decisions (or when confirming places on results day). There's zero chance of this allowing Imperial to make an offer, although it should be of value to universities with less demanding grade requirements.

One final thought, given that you say "my predicted grades are based off AS exams". Have your school taken into account your undiagnosed health issue when making these predictions? Are they even aware of the issue?

Edit: Sorry, I just had an additional thought. Is there any chance that you're an international student? If so, read this page regarding a Foundation Year.
(edited 7 months ago)
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by AmaanAhmed2k5

As above, and if you do really well in your actual A-levels then take a gap year and apply for 2025 entry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending