The Student Room Group

AstraZeneca Industrial Placement 2024-2025

Hi, I’ve just been invited to complete an assessment (job focused assessment & smart interview) but i’m struggling to find any information online about what’s involved. Wondering if anyone has already done it and can give some tips.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Same here, I got invited and have no clue on what to expect.
Reply 2
I would recommend you prepare more generally for different assessment types.

I interview and assess graduates/apprentices/placements for a big pharmaceutical employer. We know assessment days are discussed in forums so we change our assessments frequently.

Make a solid effort to align with the company ethos and values, identify the broader business aims (like sustainability), and familiarise yourself with corporate social responsibility. Make sure you understand the interpersonal skills developed from your experience and that you’re able to evidence how the role is the next natural step in your career/education. Above all, make sure it’s what you really want to do, we expect to be interviewed by yourselves on the suitability of the role too.

A note. I’ll have completely forgot about academic merit by the time it gets to interviewing, all that has already been reviewed and accepted as sufficient. Any questions on this at interview stage is purely to gauge personal experience and transferable skills. It’s a personal assessment. I’m asking myself how well do you work in a team? What leadership qualities do you demonstrate? Are you a good fit for our company culture? Are you likely to enjoy and complete your placement?
Reply 3
Hey! I just applied for a placement, how did your assessment go? Can you give any tips :smile:
Thank you.
Reply 4
Original post by xxrfl
Hey! I just applied for a placement, how did your assessment go? Can you give any tips :smile:
Thank you.

Hi!

It went well I guess! When you get invited to do the assessments, you will get tips and what the assessments will include.
For me, it was a behavioural and logical assessment, and a short smart interview. You might get different assessments to do, based on what placement you applied to.

Hope that helps!
Reply 5
Original post by AMsch
Hi!

It went well I guess! When you get invited to do the assessments, you will get tips and what the assessments will include.
For me, it was a behavioural and logical assessment, and a short smart interview. You might get different assessments to do, based on what placement you applied to.

Hope that helps!

Thank you!! Did you have to do a video interview?
Reply 6
Original post by xxrfl
Thank you!! Did you have to do a video interview?

Yes, it was a smart interview, aka they had the questions ready and you have to record your responses, all done virtually.
I was asked 3 questions. I got 2min to prepare & 1.5min to record my response per question. All these information will be available to you once you get invited to do the assessments!

GL!
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 7
Original post by AMsch
Yes, it was a smart interview, aka they had the questions ready and you have to record your responses, all done virtually.
I was asked 3 questions. I got 2min to prepare & 1.5min to record my response per question. All these information will be available to you once you get invited to do the assessments!

GL!

Thank you!
Reply 8
Hey has anyone heard anything back from them after the assessment and virtual interview?
Reply 9
How did you guys go about answering the SHL numerical questions? I quite after I saw the first one and now my anxiety is through the roof. Any tips?
Reply 10
Original post by TW30
Hey has anyone heard anything back from them after the assessment and virtual interview?

Not yet!

Original post by emmalee023
How did you guys go about answering the SHL numerical questions? I quite after I saw the first one and now my anxiety is through the roof. Any tips?

I would recommend you do the practice test first. I found the numerical assessment to be hard, 12min were hardly enough to answer the questions in my opinion.
Original post by AMsch
Not yet!

I would recommend you do the practice test first. I found the numerical assessment to be hard, 12min were hardly enough to answer the questions in my opinion.

I did the practice questions. I got the number questions right but had no idea how to do the inductive reasoning. The first question I saw was a pie chart question. If you got one , how did you go about answering it? Any tips? And yea 12 minutes is wayyy to short (thanks for responding so soon).
Reply 12
Original post by emmalee023
I did the practice questions. I got the number questions right but had no idea how to do the inductive reasoning. The first question I saw was a pie chart question. If you got one , how did you go about answering it? Any tips? And yea 12 minutes is wayyy to short (thanks for responding so soon).

Yeah I got a pie chart question as well, took me 6mins to answer haha. I guessed the answer at the end… I found the rest to be okay-ish. I rushed through them since I had no enough time. I honestly don’t know what tips to give since there’s no way to revise for it. Make sure you know how to calculate percentages and % change.

Hope that helps.
Original post by AMsch
Yeah I got a pie chart question as well, took me 6mins to answer haha. I guessed the answer at the end… I found the rest to be okay-ish. I rushed through them since I had no enough time. I honestly don’t know what tips to give since there’s no way to revise for it. Make sure you know how to calculate percentages and % change.

Hope that helps.

Thanks and good luck :smile:
Reply 14
Has anyone got a chance to take the Values Interview? How does it look?
Also wanted to ask how many rounds of interview do they have
Reply 15
Original post by xrmd
Has anyone got a chance to take the Values Interview? How does it look?
Also wanted to ask how many rounds of interview do they have

Is that what you got after doing the assessment and pre recorded interview? I have not received anything yet regarding “values” interview so I have no idea.

I have no clue how many rounds of interviews are there tbh.
Reply 16
Original post by AMsch
Is that what you got after doing the assessment and pre recorded interview? I have not received anything yet regarding “values” interview so I have no idea.

I have no clue how many rounds of interviews are there tbh.

Yup, that’s what I got after one-side video interview
Reply 17
Original post by xrmd
Yup, that’s what I got after one-side video interview

has anyone heard back since doing an assessment centre/ know how long it usually takes to hear back ??
Reply 18
Original post by jdawgxo
has anyone heard back since doing an assessment centre/ know how long it usually takes to hear back ??

No idea. May I ask what placement have you applied to?
Reply 19
synthetic organic chemistry, hbu ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending