The Student Room Group

Will my English GCSE effect my chance of getting into Oxford PPE

In 2022, I sat my GCSEs and got 88888888766 with the 2 6s being English lit and lang. The rest of my GCSE were either nearly the top or the top of the school (maths French, computer science) with 4 of the 8s being around 5 marks or less away from a 9. My English results came at a massive surprise after being predicted 8s in Yellis and in mocks, but they were still above average in the school (second highest for a boy I think). I do have an extenuating circumstance for the English of having to switch teachers multiple times but I fear it won’t be seen as a good enough result. The rest of my ucas seems fine (having been to academic dinners with ministers and being name dropped in Parliament for my efforts to resolve countylines in my area after starting a conference that’s potentially going to be mentioned in a white paper) but I’m really concerned about my English results
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
In 2022, I sat my GCSEs and got 88888888766 with the 2 6s being English lit and lang. The rest of my GCSE were either nearly the top or the top of the school (maths French, computer science) with 4 of the 8s being around 5 marks or less away from a 9. My English results came at a massive surprise after being predicted 8s in Yellis and in mocks, but they were still above average in the school (second highest for a boy I think). I do have an extenuating circumstance for the English of having to switch teachers multiple times but I fear it won’t be seen as a good enough result. The rest of my ucas seems fine (having been to academic dinners with ministers and being name dropped in Parliament for my efforts to resolve countylines in my area after starting a conference that’s potentially going to be mentioned in a white paper) but I’m really concerned about my English results

I did very well in other essay based subjects and I am predicted A*s in politics and economics which are very essay based
Original post by Anonymous

Your GCSEs won't automatically disqualify you, especially if you did well compared to your peers. Just make sure your TSA scores are as high as possible - they're not giving you an offer for being name-dropped in Parliament or having dinner with a minister. They care about your academic potential.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending