The Student Room Group

GCSE results

Hi everyone, i got my GCSE results on thursday which were 6 9s, 2 8s, and 2 7s - with the 7s being in english lit and lang. I want to possibly apply to oxford PPE or oxbridge law in the future and am worried that my 7s in the english GCSEs will affect my chances of being able to get into oxbridge as i will be less competitive compared to other people applying. My english grades were quite unexpected as i was predicted a 9 and a 8 so i am also considering perhaps resitting english language but i am not sure. Does anyone know if my grades will impact my chances at oxbridge and if i should resit english language or not?
Original post by guppy22
Hi everyone, i got my GCSE results on thursday which were 6 9s, 2 8s, and 2 7s - with the 7s being in english lit and lang. I want to possibly apply to oxford PPE or oxbridge law in the future and am worried that my 7s in the english GCSEs will affect my chances of being able to get into oxbridge as i will be less competitive compared to other people applying. My english grades were quite unexpected as i was predicted a 9 and a 8 so i am also considering perhaps resitting english language but i am not sure. Does anyone know if my grades will impact my chances at oxbridge and if i should resit english language or not?

Those grades are still very high - 7s are equivalent to an A in old terms. I don't think they will really have an effect your chances of getting into Oxbridge. If you are still concerned you can check out this thread:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6033950

Quick Reply

Latest