The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham uni - how do societies work?

I just got to Durham and I’m unsure on how societies work. How do you join them, are most of them free? I was told that the JCR levy means you can join societies so I bought it - do you need to buy the JCR levy to join any society or just the ones for your college?
Original post by Anonymous
I just got to Durham and I’m unsure on how societies work. How do you join them, are most of them free? I was told that the JCR levy means you can join societies so I bought it - do you need to buy the JCR levy to join any society or just the ones for your college?

JCR levy only covers college societies. Other societies will have fees that range depending on the society.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous

Hiya

the JCR levy is only for the college societies. For the overall uni ones, each society will have a different membership fee. Some are even free to join. You can find them all listed on the SU website and also meet them at the Freshers Fair on Wednesday at Maiden Castle.

-Himieka

Quick Reply

Latest