The Student Room Group

Oxford college recommendations, urgent!

I am applying to Oxford for 2024 for law, the internal deadline for college choice at my school is looming. Could any Oxonians provide me with insight that cannot be simply found on official websites? There are simply so many choices! Here are a brief list of my requirements

- Good work/life balance (I want to do well in my degree and learn a lot but I want the atmosphere to be sociable and fun)
- Good reputation as a college traditionally, bonus for law
- Helpful tutors (interested in contract law/trust law/financial law)
- Nice campus with good funding (so maintenance is upheld)
- Preferably good food (not top of my list of concerns)

I am an international student currently at a boarding school as well, so I will have to go with colleges with lower state school percentage as a pragmatic reason.

Any insights would help greatly, thank you!
Reply 1
Original post by cvc8
I am applying to Oxford for 2024 for law, the internal deadline for college choice at my school is looming. Could any Oxonians provide me with insight that cannot be simply found on official websites? There are simply so many choices! Here are a brief list of my requirements

- Good work/life balance (I want to do well in my degree and learn a lot but I want the atmosphere to be sociable and fun)

I am an international student currently at a boarding school as well, so I will have to go with colleges with lower state school percentage as a pragmatic reason.

https://apply.oxfordsu.org/colleges/suggester/
Original post by cvc8

The work-life balances should be roughly the same for each college, as the law course is the same, irrespective of which college you end up at (though the amounts of work set by each tutor may vary ever so slightly).

I would say St John’s sounds like it meets more or less all of those requirements (though I have no idea what the law tutors are like), but it’s perhaps best you look at the college suggester to see if there are other things you haven’t taken into account as of yet: http://apply.oxfordsu.org/colleges/suggester/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending