The Student Room Group

EdExcel ALevel Biology syllabus A textbooks

Which are the best textbooks for Edexcel Biology Syllabus A?

Thanks
Original post by nata1ie

Thanks

I use the 2008 textbooks for AS and A level by Pearson. They are almost identical to the more recent ones although you will need a few pages from the newer edition because the course has changed.
Reply 2
Original post by flowersinmyhair
I use the 2008 textbooks for AS and A level by Pearson. They are almost identical to the more recent ones although you will

On the Pearson website under resources for A-Level Biology they only show their own books as revision guides, there's Nuffield Salter core textbooks for syllabus A, Hodder Education for syllabus B.

Are yours older editions not on the website? I would like the up to date versions covering the syllabus as I do not have access to the a classroom teacher, I am self studying from home.

Thanks
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by nata1ie
On the Pearson website under resources for A-Level Biology they only show their own books as revision guides, there's Nuffield Salter core textbooks for syllabus A, Hodder Education for syllabus B.

Are yours older editions not on the website? I would like the up to date versions covering the syllabus as I do not have access to the a classroom teacher, I am self studying from home.

Thanks

I'm at a sixth form and they didn't buy the new edition when the syllabus changed. I would recommend getting the newer edition for that reason. It wouldn't matter as a much if you did have a classroom teacher.
For biology A, there is only 1 textbook available and it is the one that edexcel have published.
Original post by nata1ie

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending