The Student Room Group

Is there anyone who can help suggest ways I can self teach GCSE

Hello, Is there anyone on here who can suggest ways (e.g workbooks, what to focus on, how to find good relevant sources) that I can pass my English Language and Maths GCSE in may/June 2024 with no tutor just strictly home learning? I have considered online courses but many reviews say that they are a waste of time and money and you’re better off learning yourself and booking the exam privately? I currently work full time and the college courses are mainly day-time run in my area(uk)Any help would be appreciated!
use maths tutor on youtube its really good
(edited 6 months ago)
search e.g english language aqa pdf online and you should get a bunch of free resources
mr salles is really good on youtube for english language
(edited 6 months ago)
the cgp work book english lang maybe helpful there is also a grade 9 maths cgp workbook too I used both.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 5
(Original post by superwoman2345)the cgp work book english lang maybe helpful there is also a grade 9 maths cgp workbook too I used both.

Thanks!!! Did you do both of these recently? I’m pretty much going to be teaching myself from scratch as I left school a long while ago, also how long did u give yourself to study?
(edited 6 months ago)
Im in year 13, and now I use it in year 11 .I started properly studying at the start of year 11 but I would say just do as much as you can really.I would say English lang is harder to practise than maths as it takes longer to learn the skills for it.English lang is really about understanding how an examiner marks.I would also say for the part B story writing/article pre-prepare paragraphs to include in the exam e.g on good and bad weather for story writing which includes all the grade 9 type language and techniques.
Mr Salles has a video on weather
Original post by Tttt444
Hello, Is there anyone on here who can suggest ways (e.g workbooks, what to focus on, how to find good relevant sources) that I can pass my English Language and Maths GCSE in may/June 2024 with no tutor just strictly home learning? I have considered online courses but many reviews say that they are a waste of time and money and you’re better off learning yourself and booking the exam privately? I currently work full time and the college courses are mainly day-time run in my area(uk)Any help would be appreciated!

for gsce maths, I would recommend learning the content using the gcse maths tutor on YouTube, and tl maths on YouTube (I am unsure how much gcse content he has covered so far, but I know it is at least some), practising topics using questions from maths genie and physics and maths tutor and then when you feel reasonably comfortable with the content, use do as many practice papers as possible (do not limit yourself to only doing your exam board's papers as the maths content is so similar across all boards) including aiming for grade *insert your aspirational grade* papers and work on areas that you appear to be weak in. unfortunately I cannot offer advice on English as I did never did any revision for it!

Quick Reply

Latest