The Student Room Group

opinions on MyTutor

hi, i self study 3 essay based a levels and i am finding it super hard especially with psychology to learn how to write the best structure and learn in the best way. i am finding revision ok and i have made some flashcards online, along with mindmaps and the use of premium seneca. however, i have realised that i do need a teacher but not expensive as i work part-time and i do pay for my online course and the gym atm so i need to find something affordable. so i was thinking about getting online tutors on MyTutor but do they actually speak to you on a video call? i really need this

how does MyTutor work does anyone know? would you also recommend it too?
if you have any teachers that you recommend for a level aqa psychology, aqa sociology and ocr religious studies please let me know:smile:

im struggling so much and its making me feel so overwhelmed.
Hi :smile: I both received tutoring on MyTutor for A-Levels and tutored with them when I started uni. I do recommend getting tutoring from them. I had a really good experience (I got tutoring for chemistry). Once you make your account, you can book a free 15 minute meeting with a tutor you like and talk to them about what you need help with and find out how they can help you and how they teach their lessons. Lessons are on videocall, but there's also a whiteboard which both of you can type/draw on and upload pictures or documents into so it can be interactive.
Reply 2
Original post by alevelstudent090
hi, i self study 3 essay based a levels and i am finding it super hard especially with psychology to learn how to write the best structure and learn in the best way. i am finding revision ok and i have made some flashcards online, along with mindmaps and the use of premium seneca. however, i have realised that i do need a teacher but not expensive as i work part-time and i do pay for my online course and the gym atm so i need to find something affordable. so i was thinking about getting online tutors on MyTutor but do they actually speak to you on a video call? i really need this

how does MyTutor work does anyone know? would you also recommend it too?
if you have any teachers that you recommend for a level aqa psychology, aqa sociology and ocr religious studies please let me know:smile:

im struggling so much and its making me feel so overwhelmed.

Hi! I'm sorry to hear you're struggling, I'm not sure whether you will have already doen your final exams but if you're in year 12, I'm a university graduate in psychology and am going to be doing tutoring over the summer, I did AQA A level psychology myself as well and would be more than happy to offer you tutoring if you'd like. My rates are negotiable depending on how many lessons you'd like per week, I have a profile on Superprof (https://www.superprof.co.uk/name-maddy-and-psychology-graduate-who-teaches-psychology-for-gcse-and-level-students.html) where I'm advertising if you'd like to take a look at that, otherwise we can arrange another way.

Quick Reply

Latest