The Student Room Group

How can I enjoy chemistry a-level more

I’m in year 12 and have just started doing a-level chemistry. My parents really wanted me to do it and they will not let me drop (so that isn’t really an option!). I was wondering if anyone has any advice about how I can enjoy it more. Currently, as I’m not too keen on it, I have no motivation to revise for upcoming tests or do my homework. Can anyone recommend any interesting videos / magazines or literally anything that would motivate me more. Thanks so much!!
Reply 1
Original post by AGumbrellas
I’m in year 12 and have just started doing a-level chemistry. My parents really wanted me to do it and they will not let me drop (so that isn’t really an option!). I was wondering if anyone has any advice about how I can enjoy it more. Currently, as I’m not too keen on it, I have no motivation to revise for upcoming tests or do my homework. Can anyone recommend any interesting videos / magazines or literally anything that would motivate me more. Thanks so much!!

Hiya! I just finished year 13 and I had the same issue with trying to stay motivated when I was studying A-level chem, although this came up a bit later down the line. What I found really helped was actually watching transformation videos by NileRed on YouTube and started watching an anime called Dr Stone (such a good one by the way as it's also quite funny). I think it's easier to find motivation when you see someone apply what you're learning. Feel free to have a look at these as it really helped me through those motivation dips. Plus, it's a great way to see some stuff in advance that you'll be looking at in the end of year 12 to year 13 and be excited about learning it!!

I hope this helps in some way, here's a link to NileRed: https://www.youtube.com/@NileRed
Reply 2
Original post by Pxnyl_
Hiya! I just finished year 13 and I had the same issue with trying to stay motivated when I was studying A-level chem, although this came up a bit later down the line. What I found really helped was actually watching transformation videos by NileRed on YouTube and started watching an anime called Dr Stone (such a good one by the way as it's also quite funny). I think it's easier to find motivation when you see someone apply what you're learning. Feel free to have a look at these as it really helped me through those motivation dips. Plus, it's a great way to see some stuff in advance that you'll be looking at in the end of year 12 to year 13 and be excited about learning it!!

I hope this helps in some way, here's a link to NileRed: https://www.youtube.com/@NileRed

Thank you so so much! That is really helpful :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by AGumbrellas
Thank you so so much! That is really helpful :smile:

I'm so happy it was helpful!! Dm me if there's anything else you need :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest