The Student Room Group

Girls Maths Olympiad 2023

Any idea when we get the results? Also how did everyone find it? I hope it went well!
I have no idea... i've been trying to find it online but i can't find the date for results anywhere. my teacher said maybe this week?
Original post by hlagibson
I have no idea... i've been trying to find it online but i can't find the date for results anywhere. my teacher said maybe this week?

I asked my teacher and apparently they're struggling for markers so it's gonna take a while. Kinda annoying since the we sat the MOG before the SMC but got the SMC results first haha
Original post by study23!
Any idea when we get the results? Also how did everyone find it? I hope it went well!
Reply 3
Hope everyone is happy with results!
How did you guys do?
Reply 5
I got a Merit - I’m really happy! I thought I’d be lucky to get 5 marks 😂 How about you?
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 6
Original post by harvey_specterx
I asked my teacher and apparently they're struggling for markers so it's gonna take a while. Kinda annoying since the we sat the MOG before the SMC but got the SMC results first haha

What evidence do you have that UKMT are struggling for markers?
Original post by study23!
I got a Merit - I’m really happy! I thought I’d be lucky to get 5 marks 😂 How about you?

38! I was really surprised because I wrote so much waffle 😂
Reply 8
Original post by purplepenguin4
38! I was really surprised because I wrote so much waffle 😂

That’s fantastic! My teacher didn’t tell me my score 🤷*♀️ but I’ve at least got 16+ according to the website 😂
Reply 9
https://bmos.ukmt.org.uk/home/ukmog-2023-report.pdf

This might be of interest - note there are plenty of markers!

@harvey_specterx
Original post by harvey_specterx
you realise this we sat the paper more than 2 months ago right?

So? They need to meet in person to do the marking and that takes time. These papers always take a while to mark as they have written solutions unlike the SMC.

Your teacher was not being honest - did they actually speak to anyone from UKMT? No, I thought not.

Results were posted here: https://bmos.ukmt.org.uk/ on 24th October - less than a month after the paper was sat. Marking was done over the weekend of 6th to 8th October ...
(edited 5 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest