The Student Room Group

Changing schools in year 10

Hi
My son is currently in Year 10. He goes to a Boys only school. While he was fine at this school last 2 years, this year he seems very unsettled. He is a top performer and form captain. This year he is facing high level of disruption in the class and passive bullying. Additionally, we have recently moved to a different area and this has increased his commute time from 15mins to 60mins. His current School is single sex CoE State school. Rated Good by Ofsted with class disruption identified as an improvement point.

My son now wants to change School. Fortunately, we have managed to secure a space in a better school in our local area (10 mins commute). My son is keen to move but I am not sure about the impact on his GCSEs. Is Year 10 too late to change Schools ?
Reply 1
Original post by pudern
Hi
My son is currently in Year 10. He goes to a Boys only school. While he was fine at this school last 2 years, this year he seems very unsettled. He is a top performer and form captain. This year he is facing high level of disruption in the class and passive bullying. Additionally, we have recently moved to a different area and this has increased his commute time from 15mins to 60mins. His current School is single sex CoE State school. Rated Good by Ofsted with class disruption identified as an improvement point.

My son now wants to change School. Fortunately, we have managed to secure a space in a better school in our local area (10 mins commute). My son is keen to move but I am not sure about the impact on his GCSEs. Is Year 10 too late to change Schools ?

i'd say its okay. we are still quite early in the year so i'd make the change asap. he'd probably need some time to catch up, especially if there are exam board differences but i'm sure it will be fine with half term coming up
Reply 2
No I changed schools in year ten came out with great gcse results

Quick Reply

Latest