The Student Room Group

looking at a 2.2 - will my graduate job be rescinded?

Russell group uni, studying law.

Unfortunately in second year my mother was diagnosed with cancer. I regularly had to return home and defer my 2nd year exams to the summer period, at this stage I'd already started a placement year.

I significantly underperformed and got 52.8% for my second year. (30% of degree)

My placement year I received a 65% (10% of degree)

My grades have significantly improved this year, I currently stand at 72, 62 (highest in class for module), 68 and well a 45....

I now need 62.7% for a 2.1 which I know is achievable however the low grade has made things difficult. The 45% is half of one module, id need a 75 just to get a 60 in the second summative :frown:

I have a graduate job lined up, the contract doesn't mention needing a certain degree classification, and neither does the job description or offer letter.

I have great work experience from internships and a placement year so I'm not worried about that but i am worried they will say my degree classification isn't sufficient.

Has anyone been in a similar situation? I've reached out to my tutor who has contacted the year head who is familiar with grade boundaries etc but weeks have gone by and no response of course. I have not enjoyed university or the degree and I'm not going on to be a solicitor.

thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending