The Student Room Group

Year 12 work experience placements in finance or law

Hi does anyone have any ideas about any work experience placements that would be suitable for the summer between year 12 and 13 that I could apply to now? preferably somewhere withing banking or law
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Hi there,

Since I'm a law student, I can provide you with insight regarding law placements.

I recommend having a look at the following websites for placement opportunities: ratemyplacement, brightnetwork and prospects. The placements listed on each website are relatively distinct i.e. there's a mixture of summer placements, internships, annual placements etc.

I also recommend researching different types of law firms, starting with your local firms. Some firms have placement opportunities available for students, which they have vividly indicated on their websites, whilst some have not. Those who have not indicated placement opportunities may still offer students a placement if you contact them, ideally call them.

I highly recommend attending networking events. Some good websites to visit and find online and in-person events are eventbrite, legalcheek, brightnetwork, University of Law and a few other universities host networking events. By attending these events, you can have 1 to 1 conversations with lawyers and staff members working in the legal field as well as other work fields. Connecting with them on LinkedIn is a good starting point, which will potentially help you get a placement.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,
Narusha
Coventry University Student Ambassador
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Hi there,

Since I'm a law student, I can provide you with insight regarding law placements.

I recommend having a look at the following websites for placement opportunities: ratemyplacement, brightnetwork and prospects. The placements listed on each website are relatively distinct i.e. there's a mixture of summer placements, internships, annual placements etc.

I also recommend researching different types of law firms, starting with your local firms. Some firms have placement opportunities available for students, which they have vividly indicated on their websites, whilst some have not. Those who have not indicated placement opportunities may still offer students a placement if you contact them, ideally call them.

I highly recommend attending networking events. Some good websites to visit and find online and in-person events are eventbrite, legalcheek, brightnetwork, University of Law and a few other universities host networking events. By attending these events, you can have 1 to 1 conversations with lawyers and staff members working in the legal field as well as other work fields. Connecting with them on LinkedIn is a good starting point, which will potentially help you get a placement.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,
Narusha
Coventry University Student Ambassador

Thank you that’s really helpful!
Reply 4
Hiya, use uptree for law work experience days!
Original post by harlequinalec
Thank you that’s really helpful!

Hey there

Do let us know if you've got any more questions and we'd be more than happy to help!

Kind regards
Roshan
Coventry University Student Ambassadors

Quick Reply

Latest