The Student Room Group

Log y disguised

Does anyone understand what it means by, to dress an equation? I’ve never seen it before lol..

IMG_7341.jpeg

Is there some standard that it means I have to answer using log and that I can’t use ln??
Because apparently I’m wrong

In(e)^x= xIn(e) and if I am not mistaken In(e)^1 =1 hence becomes just x
(edited 6 months ago)
Your answer was just as valid as the "correct" answer - the difference is that they used log base 10 and you used log base e. Both are correct.
Reply 2
Original post by KingRich
Does anyone understand what it means by, to dress an equation? I’ve never seen it before lol..

Is there some standard that it means I have to answer using log and that I can’t use ln??
Because apparently I’m wrong

In(e)^x= xIn(e) and if I am not mistaken In(e)^1 =1 hence becomes just x

Never hear of that phrase ... can you post our working as I don;t get what you are asking.
It means you have the pick the equation’s outfit for a great night out. Some heels, a nice tangent, a cute skirt and lots of mascara and make up too to disguise true facial features.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 4
IMG_7342.jpeg
Original post by Muttley79
Never hear of that phrase ... can you post our working as I don;t get what you are asking.

I wasn’t able to post two images at the same time in my question for some odd reason. Here’s my answer
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Nerdonymous
Your answer was just as valid as the "correct" answer - the difference is that they used log base 10 and you used log base e. Both are correct.

It’s as I thought. There was no specific requirements set out for the answer.
Reply 6
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
It means you have the pick the equation’s outfit for a great night out. Some heels, a nice tangent, a cute skirt and lots of mascara and make up too to disguise true facial features.

I too, thought it was a dumb way to express a question lol
Reply 7
Original post by KingRich
It’s as I thought. There was no specific requirements set out for the answer.

Yes your method is fine - I'd probably do that.
(edited 6 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest