The Student Room Group

How do I read off this graph - biology a level

I was really confused on how to interpret the y axis of this graph since they divisions aren't the same width etc. I just considered the proportion of each height by dividing the distance from e.g. 10^8 to 10^9 by 9 (the number of divisions) and multiplied it by the number of divisions I needed to go up from that value but the mark scheme seems to suggest a different method which I cannot figure out. overall I got the question right but none of my intermediate values matched up. Can someone help me with this??
(edited 10 months ago)
Lmao I have done this before. You can go and search for log graph, which this thing doesnt start from 0 but 1.
You just multiply the number of blocks, which when we usually count the line as 1 it is actually 2 for the log graph, with the 10^ power.
In this case its the 3rd block of 10^6 so it is 10^6 x 4
Reply 2
ahh thanks! literally had no idea haha
Original post by Darkwings_Lok
Lmao I have done this before. You can go and search for log graph, which this thing doesnt start from 0 but 1.
You just multiply the number of blocks, which when we usually count the line as 1 it is actually 2 for the log graph, with the 10^ power.
In this case its the 3rd block of 10^6 so it is 10^6 x 4

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending