The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

The aerospace engineering at Uni of Bristol on hold me

I submitted my application to UCAS on 05/10/2023 and got the email on hold on 10/10/2023. My predict grade is A*A*A*A*(an A* in Math which I already took in 2023). I took the Uni of Bristol as my safety school. However, they put me on the list of on hold. Is that because I am not competitive enough? Or there are some other reasons. I am really worried about this.
Original post by YUEQI LIU
I submitted my application to UCAS on 05/10/2023 and got the email on hold on 10/10/2023. My predict grade is A*A*A*A*(an A* in Math which I already took in 2023). I took the Uni of Bristol as my safety school. However, they put me on the list of on hold. Is that because I am not competitive enough? Or there are some other reasons. I am really worried about this.

Last year they seemed to put lots of people on hold and then later gave offers, I think it’s more letting you know that your application is being considered but they’re assessing other applications , I wouldn’t worry too much
If you weren’t going to be considered for a place they would have rejected you, it shows your application is competitive as they do want to give you a place but want to assess other applications first :smile: It may just be because you applied early?
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Original post by YUEQI LIU

It's fine. I received an email telling me I'm on hold on 4/10 and I received my offer on 6/10. I suppose it's just their SOP to consider more applicants before sending out offers.
Original post by lkjhgfdsazxcvbnm
Last year they seemed to put lots of people on hold and then later gave offers, I think it’s more letting you know that your application is being considered but they’re assessing other applications , I wouldn’t worry too much
If you weren’t going to be considered for a place they would have rejected you, it shows your application is competitive as they do want to give you a place but want to assess other applications first :smile: It may just be because you applied early?

I just got put on hold too for psychology:smile:
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 4
Bristol put 99% of applicants on Hold. Don't panic.
It just means that they will wait until they have received/ranked some more applications before making offers.
'On hold' is fairly meaningless, it doesn't mean anything one way or another. Just think of it as a courtesy to let you know it has been received and started to be processed

Nearly all applications go on hold at some point, unis just don't bother changing the status to let you know about it :smile:
was this for aerospace?

Original post by dslash123
It's fine. I received an email telling me I'm on hold on 4/10 and I received my offer on 6/10. I suppose it's just their SOP to consider more applicants before sending out offers.
Reply 7
Bristol have a web page about what it means to be "on hold": https://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/after-you-apply/your-application/decision/

Universities have to give equal consideration to applications received before 31 January 2024, so it's not surprising that universities will be waiting for more applications to come in before making decisions.

As Admit-One states above, telling you you're "on hold" is really just a courtesy.

If you apply before 31st January, universities have until 16 May 2024 to make a decision on your application.
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
was this for aerospace?

Nope. I applied for Physics

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending